New to me Lagun mill

Well, o.k. then. Looks like it's true. Very nice machine. I have friend that had a Lagun mill for quite a few years. I always thought it was built better than my BP. Congratulations !

Ted

A couple hrs later and the one-shot pump hasn't freed up at all. I tried to grasp the plunger with a pair of pliers, but there isn't enough of it exposed to grab onto. I tried suction cups designed for valve lapping, but not strong enough. Will check it again in the AM, but at this point, I'd be shocked if the ATF helped.

I just ordered a TECO E510 VFD, and some oil for the machine. Looking at fixtures to tram the head since I messed with it during transport.

Looks very similar to mine! What DRO did you put on there? I will want one at some point... TouchDRO looks interesting. Any there any bolt-on scales available for these mills?

Let me find some more photos. I bought the mill with the dro.

Either way , It's a great machine . :encourage:

Concerning the lube pump, when I bought my BP mill the Bijur one shot pump wouldn't work either. Ended up disassembling the complete unit and found that the problem was that the filter on the suction inlet was plugged. The Bijur units use a very fine filter and I think it was just plugged with old way oil that had been sitting for quite a few years. Might be worth checking to see if yours has such a filter.

Ted

As expected, the plunger on the lube pump is still retracted, despite sitting all night in ATF. It isn't super obvious how this "Intza" pump comes apart. I don't see any fasteners on the plunger assembly on the bottom... does it unscrew maybe?

Attachments

• PXL_20240208_133922124.jpg
    PXL_20240208_133922124.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 9
  • PXL_20240208_133919149.jpg
    PXL_20240208_133919149.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 9
Carmen is a wonderful guy, he was a great help to me on my FTV-3

Back