New to me Lagun mill

joec2000

Registered
Registered
I picked up my first Lagun mill today. It is badged FT-1S, but Lagun swears it is an FT-2 based on the serial number. It is a 1985 model that was purchased new by the seller and used very lightly/infrequently since then, and the last few years, it hasn't been touched. It is super dirty but I am slowly getting it cleaned up and everything moving freely.

Everything so far is looking and working great (the original scraping marks are starting to show themselves again w/ some cleaning), but the one-shot lube system might need help. The lever on it moves freely - too freely, absolutely no resistance whatsoever. It is labelled "Intza". Any idea where I should start getting this thing going again?

Thanks!

- Joe

Empty the way lube reservoir out and fill with ATF, pull the handle or rock the lever to full travel and hold it for a minute or two. Release it and allow it to cycle on its on.You might have to do this more than once.

Many of the pumps and systems are dirty enough that holding the pump at full travel allows extra time for the oil to fill the pump cavity.
ATF is a great cleaner.

Give a thorough cleaning and going over.

You say "the last few years, it hasn't been touched" so there may be a possibility of fouled oil that should be dealt with.

I drained the oil from the reservoir and it smelled like way oil, didn't look too bad. I pulled the handle off entirely, filled the reservoir with ATF and will let it sit overnight - hopefully that will free it up.

Pictures or it never happened…………

FTV-2 has a 10" x 50" table . The FTV-1 has a 9" x 48" . ;)
Yeah, this one has a 44" table. So maybe it is the 1S, as stamped? Kind of perplexing that Carmen from Lagun thinks it is a FT-2 from the serial number, but guess it doesn't matter at this point :)

Back