New shop! (was: Multiple buildings, ...)

Fantastic progress Randal. A picture of the office reminded me that you have a window facing the rollup door/man door wall. Nice feature.

That K&T looks like it could be a concept model for the next Transformer superhero. LOL

Fantastic progress Randal. A picture of the office reminded me that you have a window facing the rollup door/man door wall. Nice feature.

That K&T looks like it could be a concept model for the next Transformer superhero. LOL
Thanks Ray. The exterior window over the desk also overlooks the driveway so I can see if someone pulls up (typically UPS delivery).
There's probably a fun CAD/machine project in there for the right person: making a K&T transformer model.

A 12k telehandler weighs about 34000 lbs. Not cheap to rent, especially when you add delivery/pick up. Enough that I did think about buying a 14k tilt deck trailer. But the cost of that trailer long term might be problematic. ;)
LOL.. I still can't figure out what you plan on doing with all that BIG equip. But can you adopt me?

BTW, would it be faster and easier to use a come a long to pull it, rather than getting on and off? Just attach it to the JD.

BTW, would it be faster and easier to use a come a long to pull it, rather than getting on and off? Just attach it to the JD.
Probably 6 one way, 1/2 dozen the other. I prefer to keep the tow rope low for stability, bending over to work a come-a-long would be tedious. And I'd still need to move the tractor some, as I was moving the mill in an arc to turn it sideways as it handles better from the side with a forklift.

Long day. Thankfully done, with a big thanks to @Dan Krager. Big machines are in the new shop. That telehandler barely fit in there. Had the boom extended about 6 feet at one point with mill and it started to tip forward, fortunately I had the load just inches off the ground, as I knew I was pushing my luck.

Not in their exact locations yet but that will be some adjusting with skates and the tractor.

IMG_4627.JPGIMG_4628.JPGIMG_4629.JPGIMG_4630.JPGIMG_4631.JPGIMG_4632.JPGIMG_4633.JPGIMG_4634.JPG
IMG_4633.JPGIMG_4634.JPGIMG_4635.JPGIMG_4637.JPGIMG_4638.JPGIMG_4639.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4636.JPG
    IMG_4636.JPG
    509.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
:clapping: Big job.

Do I see four different cats in those pictures? Glad they stayed clear of danger.

:clapping: Big job.

Do I see four different cats in those pictures? Glad they stayed clear of danger.
There are 5 of them (don't know if all 5 made the pictures, two of them are hard to tell apart). They hid in the office any time the engine on the telehandler was running. They got lots of attention when we took breaks from the heat.

looks like you lost an axle on the granite table... glad it worked out.
The sad truth is I never got around to getting it done, it needs a new bushing between the pallet wheel and the carrier, one of the bushings was a few thou too small ID.

Having working mini-splits was the right answer though, the heat was a bit rough today.

Back