New PM-1228 Joins the Crew

I think you'll want to get that bundle of wires on your rear panel out of there before use.

Good suggestion. They are fixed there from the factory so not loose, but rerouting them would make cleanup easier.

Alan

Finalizing a 3D model for the way covers and chuck support blocks. This template verifies fit and centerline.

1649741559384.png

Good suggestion. They are fixed there from the factory so not loose, but rerouting them would make cleanup easier.

Alan
How did you reroute them?
I was thinking of just taking them under the backsplash and going up the back side using the same holes, but I've been working on other aspects and hadn't quite gotten around to asking if there was a better way.

How did you reroute them?
I was thinking of just taking them under the backsplash and going up the back side using the same holes, but I've been working on other aspects and hadn't quite gotten around to asking if there was a better way.
For the moment I just shoved them under the backsplash and plugged them back in, my access to the rear is difficult so I haven't done anything to restrain them at the moment. I also got a couple of cookie trays to put under the lathe on the workbench's wood top, and the lip interacts with the cable and backsplash in a less than ideal way, so I'm looking at alternative routings. I may change from this workbench to a different setup and then use the provided chip tray. At the moment I don't have a way to lift the machine and get the chip tray underneath. I'd like to get a gantry but most of them are too tall for my garage, it would need to fit under the garage door, I haven't found a shorter one that wasn't pricey. So any cable routing is temporary. :)

Last edited:
So now that we have some CAD that seems to match the Lathe bed and Chuck centerline, here's a Chuck Support Block for the 160mm 3 jaw.

1649795916003.png

I have contacted Alan, & asked him to print me a chuck rest (chuck support?) like this for my PM-1660TL/12” chuck combo.

Surely there will be others who have just got to have one of these.

Added a chamfer to the top edge. Showing support blocks for both 160mm and 200mm chucks. 3mm clearance to the chuck. These have to fit the lathe somewhat precisely to work properly.

1649869401641.png

Back