New Grizzly G0755 mill is set up and running

Hey sirs, I was thinking really hard about ordering one of these G0755 , my question is - did any of you get this delivered to your home Residence and if so does the delivery truck have a pallet jack and lift on the back of the truck to get it off and onto your drive way?

Lucky you! I just got a postcard from Grizzly saying it's now on backorder and they can't say when my mill will be delivered.:dunno: M

Yes I received the same postcard when I ordered my Grizzly G4003G, the only good thing was Grizzly also sent me a flyer in the mail, and it was $200 of the price I paid, when I ordered it, I called them and they honored the $200 off on my lathe! After I received the lathe, I was glad I waited!

Just my 2 cent's Bob in Oregon

Hey sirs, I was thinking really hard about ordering one of these G0755 , my question is - did any of you get this delivered to your home Residence and if so does the delivery truck have a pallet jack and lift on the back of the truck to get it off and onto your drive way?

I paid the $34 extra for the lift gate service which covered the lathe and the mill (one delivery) the driver was a great guy he brought both machines up the driveway and into my garage. The mill is in one piece and in a big wooden crate that just fit under the 7' garage door.

Lathe-and-mill-delivered.jpg

I as well paid for the lift gate service. UPS hands off the delivery to a local freight company who has a lift gate and fork jack. Best $34 I spent.
Jim

How is the Mill holding up, and would you buy that model again?

Have you cut any steel with it and how did it work?

I'm still in the looking/shopping mode.

Thanks for your feedback

John

Machine has turned out to be a winner for me. Cutting steel, stainless, brass, aluminum, and plastics. I have done multiple projects over the summer. Only problem I have had is that the upper brush cover came loose and shorted the brush. Still waiting for replacement parts. Other than that it has been a great tool.
Jim

I've had my G0755 since September and am really liking it. I've mostly cut steel and it has no trouble doing it. I would buy it again in a second.
Dave

I just got the G0755, and my y-axis is dropping .005" over 8.5". I tried shimming the forward bolts, but I don't have shim material small enough. I'd need around .0025" material. I haven't checked the column for perpendicular z-axis yet, because I didn't trust my square. I should probably do that first, because it could be the head mount.

(EDIT UPDATE) Tried the square to check the z-axis, and behold, .005" at 8.5". That column is getting shimmed.

I do have a question about tooling: Spec says Face Milling limit 3 1/8", but what about using a boring bar? What is that Face Milling limit based on?

Last edited:
I just got the G0755, and my y-axis is dropping .005" over 8.5". I tried shimming the forward bolts, but I don't have shim material small enough. I'd need around .0025" material. I haven't checked the column for perpendicular z-axis yet, because I didn't trust my square. I should probably do that first, because it could be the head mount.

(EDIT UPDATE) Tried the square to check the z-axis, and behold, .005" at 8.5". That column is getting shimmed.

I have not measured any inclination of the elevation column with regards to the work table in my G0755 mill. When you measure this dropping do you place an offset dial indicator in the spindle and measure the height of the table as you slowly rotate the indicator? (like a traming test?)

As far as the machine goes, I'm very satisfied with my purchase. It is very robust (I was especially pleased when I saw the machine base which is a solid casting, not assembled from steel plates). It has more than enough range for most of the hobby work I am likely to use it for in my lifetime (my previous mill was a ≈80 years old 0-8 inch Cincinati mill with little range for anything). I really enjoy the vertical motor that moves the head up and down without cranking, I use it all the time. I also appreciate the six speed geared milling head. Not having to move a belt to change speeds is a lot more practical.

The negatives I've found so far are few but indicate a lack of quality control: loose electrical connections (the power on lamp keeps flashing because the wire is probably not quite tight enough); the green paint on the machine base is easily scraped off, showing the original blue; the finish of the sliding surfaces for the table are rougher than you would expect for a milling machine. It doesn't necessarily affect the accuracy but I would have expected a smoother surface.

Finaly the one thing I notice about this type of milling machine is that when working near the table I am always crouched to see the work progress (and carefull with your head: the corner of that electrical box is very sharp: ask me how I know this!). On a knee mill the tool height is always at eye level. A small annoyance I can live with considering this is such a great deal and a versatile machine. This year I will add a three axis DRO and doubt I will ever need/want another milling machine.

Back