New Grizzly G0755 mill is set up and running

Hi Jon, I have not done to much, I am still waiting for Shars to get their 550v vises in stock. I did use a 11/16 four flute end mill to cut 5/8" off each side of some 3/8"X2" flat bar for the spindle wrench, that work good. Check the outside dia. of the bottom nut flange on the drawbar for scratches, that is where mine was sticking. I also thought about adding a lightly pressed on bushing on the drawbar bolt under the bottom nut that would keep the drawbar centered in the spindle bore. What kind of vise did you get?

I
Thanks alot for that info. I got a grizzly g7154 6 inch opening w/5 by 1.5 inch jaw size on 360 degree with a swivel base.. Have to indicate spindle to table before i can use the vice Please let me know when you have worked more with steel or ss.

regards,
jon

I
Thanks alot for that info. I got a grizzly g7154 6 inch opening w/5 by 1.5 inch jaw size on 360 degree with a swivel base.. Have to indicate spindle to table before i can use the vice Please let me know when you have worked more with steel or ss.

regards,
jon

The G0755 is just a Rong Fu 45 clone with the addition of motorized table and column. Jumps4 (Steve) has the Wholesale Tools ZX45 version of the regular Rong Fu 45, and I can tell you that it's a powerful beast indeed. It has no trouble at all hogging out steel, so I think you can be pretty confident in the capabilities of your Griz. I'm sure Steve would be happy to help if you have any specific questions or concerns. M

I have just unpacked my new 755 and can say that I am very impressed with the solidity of the machine. Great packing and easy to get it working.

my g0755 came 9 thousandths out and need to shim the 12 mm bolts that hold the column to the base. They do not even supply the 12 mm allen key, my sets stop at 10mm.
Overall it looks like a good machine, but it had chips in the column dovetail where the gib is and the two adjusting screws, just vacuumed them out
My buddy came over to indicate everything in, and brought a really nice starrett test dial indicator with a larger face than my 711 last word.
anyone know what i need to purchase to connect last word 711 to the spindle to sweep the table, the stem is .2087 or 5.3mm

thanks to anyone who can help

regards
jon

- - - Updated - - -

my g0755 came 9 thousandths out and need to shim the 12 mm bolts that hold the column to the base. They do not even supply the 12 mm allen key, my sets stop at 10mm.
Overall it looks like a good machine, but it had chips in the column dovetail where the gib is and the two adjusting screws, just vacuumed them out
My buddy came over to indicate everything in, and brought a really nice starrett test dial indicator with a larger face than my 711 last word.
anyone know what i need to purchase to connect last word 711 to the spindle to sweep the table, the stem is .2087 or 5.3mm

thanks to anyone who can help

regards
jon

My column was out .008" across the Y axis, I think I used .003" shims under the two front column bolts (closest to the table).

did you use a torque wrench on those column bolts?
No I used a 1/2" breaker bar and pulled them down pretty tight. When loosening the bolts I had to use a piece of pipe over the breaker bar handle on two of the bolts, so they were really tight. I would have used a torque wrench if I knew the foot pound spec. on the bolts.

I had to move it about 8.5 thou when I set it up.
When tightening, I checked the spec for the 16mm 8.8 socket head bolts and tightened to the asked 121 ft lbs.

I had to move it about 8.5 thou when I set it up.
When tightening, I checked the spec for the 16mm 8.8 socket head bolts and tightened to the asked 121 ft lbs.
I did not have the specs on the 12mm bolts(inside hex key size), once i bought a 12mm hex key, I used 5 thousands under and in front of the two front bolts, because the column was nodding forward 9 thousands, and that brought it to just one thousand out.
Grizzly should have included a 12 mm hex key and would have been nice to have two registration pins through the column and the base.
Overall it seems really solid.
The power head switch will only go up if i first hit the down button, anyone else have that problem with the g0755?
Thanks<
jon

Touch wood, no issue with the up/down switch. I did have to change the wiring on the indicator light so that it only lights when the E-stop is pulled out.

Back