New Dragon 14x40 Lathe Photos, VFD, Wiring, and Questions.

Well it was a real learning experience trying to get my headstock aligned to my satisfaction. In learning how the adjustments work, I put it completely out of wack and was turning almost .3" taper over 6". I ended up making some drawings and wrote sharpie notes on the machine in order to understand the push and pull adjustments. I messed with indicator dials and even cameras and learned that was unnecessary and time consuming. Once I finally got the hang of how the adjustments work, and systematically took measurements, logged, and averaged my measurements I was able to consistently creep up to my target.

I was able to get to a tenth taper over 6" and that crept up to 5 tenths after tightening the adjustment locking nuts, and letting it settle overnight. I'm happy with the results for now.

Attachments

• IMG_20231126_015602894.jpg
    IMG_20231126_015602894.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20231126_015417098.jpg
    IMG_20231126_015417098.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 10
Hi can someone help me with what is the correct gear oil for hs, saddle, and also way oil? I need to buy all of these and don't know what or where to buy? Thank you.

Hi can someone help me with what is the correct gear oil for hs, saddle, and also way oil? I need to buy all of these and don't know what or where to buy? Thank you.
The ISO numbers should be in your manual.
After you find those out, you should be able to search.

Congrats on the new lathe, and good job on the alignment! My PM-1236T uses ISO 68 oil.

It doesn't say anything in the manual. I checked. I've contacted support.
If all else fails both Grizzly and Precision Mathews sell these items specifically for your applications, I would suggest buying from either once to get some good specs then locate it locally...

Back