New Clausing 6913 - Gear box engagement lever fixed!!!!

I think the tool post you have is a kdk . Or something like that . Ill Ck eBay and get back in a bit. If you have a mill I'm sure you could make one that type only needs the vee cuts . On the side it should have a number for size , model 100 ,150 ,I guess on up. That decides the size of your holders.

Last edited:
View attachment 241144 Im looking for a parting tool to fit this qctp. Could someone point me in the right direction as to what this post is. Ive seen people talk about axa and cxa but I dont understand it. How do you determine what it is? Measurements?
Kdk series 100 eBay has a parting blade tool holder starting at $70. About it has a long side for regular, tool bits and the short ends made for cutoff tools.

IMHO The “C” series is too big for the lathe you have. I would get the BXA size. Just my three cents. That holder you have in post #128 looks kinda familiar. I think I have some of the holders for it??? No promises, but let me dig in my piles of stuff and see if I can find them. Or if you find a B series, then that would be your best all around…Dave.

I may go ahead and use it if i find the tool post at his place and just be wary that its too large for the machine. I certainly wont buy one(they are a little pricey) I dont do much heavy cutting so if i went easy they should work ok right? That being said, these are my machines to play with and I DONT allow buddies to mess with them. Nothing against them, I just dont so someone else cutting too much with them isnt going to happen.

I think the tool post you have is a kdk . Or something like that . Ill Ck eBay and get back in a bit. If you have a mill I'm sure you could make one that type only needs the vee cuts . On the side it should have a number for size , model 100 ,150 ,I guess on up. That decides the size of your holders.

I do have a mill and some tooling but its lacking a skilled operator!!!!!!!! :) I made 2 sets of dice with it and some tongue and groove lathe jaws. Actually kind of cool but not really confident on making a tool. Not saying I wont try, I just dont have experience on the mill.

Kdk series 100 eBay has a parting blade tool holder starting at $70. About it has a long side for regular, tool bits and the short ends made for cutoff tools.

I searched for "KDK series 100" and the results I found look different. The wedge on the ones I saw on ebay on the tool post holder are what I would call male and the tool holder itself is the female. Mine are the opposite. I did see on my tool holders they say kirkelie and one of the holders has a number of 102 on it. I really appreciate all the help. Sorry I know so little about this stuff.
IMG_20170906_142247357.jpg

I may go ahead and use it if i find the tool post at his place and just be wary that its too large for the machine.

As long as you can bolt it down safely, go for it.
However, you may find that for certain tools (bigger lathe bits, cut-off tools, or boring bars) that you do not have the range of adjustment required to get the cutting edge at centre height. That's the usual consequence of a mismatched QCTP size.

I do have a mill and some tooling but its lacking a skilled operator!!!!!!!! I made 2 sets of dice with it and some tongue and groove lathe jaws. Actually kind of cool but not really confident on making a tool. Not saying I wont try, I just dont have experience on the mill.

....and that's the best way to get experience. Good for you, keep going!

I really appreciate all the help. Sorry I know so little about this stuff.
Learning is what this site is about.

-brino

As long as you can bolt it down safely, go for it.
However, you may find that for certain tools (bigger lathe bits, cut-off tools, or boring bars) that you do not have the range of adjustment required to get the cutting edge at centre height. That's the usual consequence of a mismatched QCTP size.

....and that's the best way to get experience. Good for you, keep going!

Learning is what this site is about.

-brino

Thank you. This site is awesome!!!!!!!

Pardon the filthy bench! More questions. I had a customer give me this tool. Looks like a mill turntable or probably that has a specific name. No name on it. Just wondering if anyone has a clue what this is please. the number on the round table is s-6285 and underneath the number is 6285-1. Any ideas who makes it, what its exactly for, etc. And once again thank you all for all the help.

IMG_20170914_174212690.jpg
IMG_20170914_174255675.jpg IMG_20170914_174327331.jpg

Pardon the filthy bench!

I'd say "busy" not "filthy". ;)

It looks like you got a combination X-Y table and rotary table built into one.....or one stacked onto the other....can they be separated or is it built as one unit?

I'll see if I can find any references.

-brino

Last edited:
Yes brino got it. It’s a Palmgren X-Y rotary table. Also sold under other names but basically the same thing, handles could be different. Yours has the bigger rotary dial, my memory says that’s the better one with more resolution?

Back