New BS-0 "dropped" before delivery, what would you do?

My seller has offered to supply the broken bearing housing. I don't want it. I never inspected the bearing for damage. If there was a hit hard enough to crack the bearing housing, the bearings themselves are toast, and who knows, perhaps other things. Too high a risk for additional latent damage for me to proceed. Now I am going to tell eBay to step in.

Hit my limit for fooling around. Even at minimum wage I've spent more on the tear down and reassembly than the unit is worth. Not doing it again - certainly not for free. Hey, if they send me all the parts including the bearings AND $500 then maybe I'd accept the offer, otherwise no way.

The game continues... Seller wants me to wait for the replacement of the damaged part! Then says, "don't worry, any problem later, we are still here to give you support. is that ok?"

My response was NO. My counter was, replace with an new undamaged unit, or a full refund.

Got to say, this seller is persistent. All the offers have dumped all the risk and all the labor on me, with no incentive. Not acceptable. Oh well, just waiting this one out. January 29 is when eBay steps in. Wonder what the crazy offer of the day will be tomorrow?

If they send another offer just send them a link to eBays description of new undamaged.

Make sure to leave a detailed review as well.

I did not threaten a bad review. Who knows if eBay would consider that coercive. I merely stated that a good seller would either replace the defective unit with a new undamaged one, or refund the money. Let them figure that one out. Just waiting for the clock to run out. Two more days...

I did not threaten a bad review. Who knows if eBay would consider that coercive. I merely stated that a good seller would either replace the defective unit with a new undamaged one, or refund the money. Let them figure that one out. Just waiting for the clock to run out. Two more days...
You won't be allowed to do a review if you receive a refund.

If I receive a refund, it would be good! Doesn't mean I can't review the supplier here...

So their best and final is to offer $20 refund (for my troubles) and a promise of delivery any and all parts, OR to send me a prepaid mailing label. My first impression was, what! Honestly felt pretty insulted that my labor was so devalued. That amount isn't even a days pay in China.

I'm choosing the second choice. I just want a new BS-0 unit. But I don't want one from this supplier. Refund for me, so at least I have the option of shopping elsewhere.

If you go for another supplier, watch where it is shipped from. Most of the chineese sellers are just sellers, they then tell the warehouse to ship the item. The is a good chance you get another item from the same stock as the first. Or even get the same one shipped right back to you.

As long as it's a different unit, I guess I'm good. I'd bet it left the factory ok. (Or as ok as these BS-0's ever are.)

My local common carriers I'm not so sure about. Seems they carefully positioned the box as to hide the damage. Wouldn't surprise me that they dropped it on the ground right out of the truck. It's a heavy box whose center of gravity is not where you would expect.

As long as it's a different unit, I guess I'm good. I'd bet it left the factory ok. (Or as ok as these BS-0's ever are.)

My local common carriers I'm not so sure about. Seems they carefully positioned the box as to hide the damage. Wouldn't surprise me that they dropped it on the ground right out of the truck. It's a heavy box whose center of gravity is not where you would expect.

There is still the issue of shipping in the box like they did. That is probably one of the major differences between the $250 Ebay sellers and the $350-400 sellers.

When I got mine it was packed in a much larger overpack with 1-2" of padding on all sides. That inner carton is only intended for sitting on a shelf, but packing materials cost money and a larger box costs more to ship.

Back