New 935 Is Running!

Got the EL700 and it's scales installed. Matt at PM says this is a pretty cool DRO. All I know is that it's got a bunch of functions I've never used, so training will be involved. And then there's the touch probe. Never used one of those either. Still have to install the protective shields, but the hard part is done. :)

View attachment 123219
Lookin good Bill!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I really like the looks of the EL700 along with the 935.... Nice ! Now you're making me rethink the EL400..

Are those Delta lights as bright as they appear to be in the photo? Are they cool to touch or on the warm/hot side?? Might be a forearm burner reaching for the DRO if they run hot.... but they sure look bright!

Are those Delta lights as bright as they appear to be in the photo? Are they cool to touch or on the warm/hot side?? Might be a forearm burner reaching for the DRO if they run hot.... but they sure look bright!

They look bright because I replaced all the bulbs with sylvania (sp?) LED bulbs. Brighter, more of a white light instead of yellow, and a lot cooler in case you touch one. ;)

Hey Mike!

Well, it didn't take as long for me as it did for you, but I'm pretty close to the limits of the mill already (using the vise). I'm going to be able to cut 1911 frames for a Wilson/Nowlin ramped barrel. Barely. :)

IMG_0703.jpg

In case anyone is wondering what I'm doing, I'm drilling a 7/16" hole 4" deep in a piece of 7075 (is that called 'deep drilling'?) to make a little compressed air manifold for the side of the mill to support my FogBuster and a small air hose/blowgun.

IMG_0704.jpg

Put'n the new toy to work. :)

Looks Beautiful!!!

I was wondering what the heck you were doing as it doesn't resemble anything of working on a 1911 project.

I'm from Texas - when someone says "deep drilling".... well - it is measured in MILES - not inches..;)

Last edited:
What a fine piece of machinery, but I would have liked most all that preceded it too. I'm Green Bill.

What a fine piece of machinery, but I would have liked most all that preceded it too. I'm Green Bill.

The gentleman who now has El Hefe likes it very much and will likely post here on the forums soon. :)

Back