New 935 Is Running!

Not quite maxing out. There's a couple of inches left.

After posting that though, I realized that I had not taken into account that the Wilson/Nowlin cutter is held in a collet, not a drill chuck. So I should be fine. I had just gotten used to having 20" of Z travel with my old machine and may have gotten spoiled a bit. :)

Not quite maxing out. There's a couple of inches left.

After posting that though, I realized that I had not taken into account that the Wilson/Nowlin cutter is held in a collet, not a drill chuck. So I should be fine. I had just gotten used to having 20" of Z travel with my old machine and may have gotten spoiled a bit. :)

Even after I made my comment earlier Bill, I thought that if I had no other option on the transmission case, I could have always laid it down, turned the head 90-degrees and come at it that way.

Another thing I have been thinking about is looking into a 6" riser for the mill. I know many who have them on the 9x49 BP's as the Z travel is nearly identical on most of them.

Mike.

Does Matt have a riser for this mill?

I haven't heard back from him but I did send an email inquiring. I am waffling on getting one "just in case" I run into a situation that I run our of Z travel. I know several guys who have them on their 9x49 BP clones and like them for the most part. The only time they do NOT like them is when they have a large flat part to mill and then they have to space them up off of the table a bit. I don't know if I can justify having a riser on mine because up until recently I had absolutely zero issues and only one in almost two years now.

Mike.

Bill, no dice on the spacer/riser for the 935 mill. Matt replied stating that due to its smaller diameter at the head he does not have one available nor know of one that is available. I guess I will just have to machine one IF I ever run into a situation where I need it.

Mike.

Bill, no dice on the spacer/riser for the 935 mill. Matt replied stating that due to its smaller diameter at the head he does not have one available nor know of one that is available. I guess I will just have to machine one IF I ever run into a situation where I need it.

Mike.
Sounds good. IF you do this, keep the drawings please? :)

Back