Need Spring Source

Take some music wire, a mandrel, your lathe, a squeeze block in the tool post and make your own spring…easy enough.

Tony---I think I have at least a million springs, so after dinner I will look for your size in my tiny springs containers----you are wanting a pull type(like a screen door spring) instead of a compression type from what I understood---my method would be to find a junk Coolpix camera for the best source---I'll see if I have one----Dave

Chips, 0.004 music wire is not in my stock presently lol. But yes, I do know that I could wind my own.

Dave, if you have one that would be fantastic. I have asked my friends locally if they had a junk CoolPix and nothing so far. Actually they are not bad cameras for just P&S. This one has a 20Mp sensor and I believe a 1.8x optical zoom. Daughter got it for nearly nothing. Also takes panorama type shots, and auto stitches them. Does a nice job. That's one reason I want to see it fixed.

Tony---I couldn't find my big supply of super tiny things, but I did find three of the size you are wanting---.039 OD and .240 long---I don't know the wire size ---If you send me your address I will get them in an envelope and sent---Dave----*I will also put a longer spring in also---it is about .037 OD and about an inch long----My that stuff is tiny--I dropped several on the rug when trying to measure them--Hope they work for you---if not I can keep looking---Dave

Back