Need Spring Source

Retired printers/scanners. Huge resource for small screws and springs.
Optometrists often carry a range of small screws

Cheers Phil

Tony that is a pretty small spring. Have you tried garter springs? Perhaps you have a small old oil seal around that has something small in it. There are Ø 0.04" od but perhaps thicker wire.

David

Yes, it is a very small spring. I've gone through just about everything I have looking to see if anything was even close. I was able to find a compression spring a little bigger, but no extension springs even close. I did look at oil seals, among other things. These are some really delicate camera parts which are expected to move very easily so a large spring is not needed, and there is no extra room for anything larger, unfortunately.

Close, Wreck....but still too large on the OD. There isn't clearance for me to move up that much. Nice link though.

I might could make that work, David. At least I would have the length to make a couple of attempts to get the tension correct. That's a bit of guesswork since the original went AWOL. I'll see if they will sell me a single one. I know I don't have any small seals to rob from.

Tony did you get your 2-56 flat head screw sorted out? I have tonnes of flat, phillister and round head. You are welcome to as many as you need.

Also I found a beautiful tension spring 1" long but Ø 0.062".

David

David, yes I did get the screw handled. Bruce is kindly sending me a couple. But thanks for asking.

On the spring, my brother happened by today and had a look. He has had a career in electronics heavy into video equipment. His camera shop was a factory service center for all the major mfg. He took one look and said he was pretty sure he had something that would work. He rarely works on anything consumer grade any more, but TV stations and recording studios from all over send him all sorts of stuff to work on all the time. So he has to keep some stock of many parts still, plus all his leftovers he hasn't tossed from the VCR and camcorder days. I'll give him a day or two to see what he can dig up. I don't think, and I'm pretty sure there isn't clearance for that diameter spring. I can always cut one down for length, but not diameter. I may end up back at the garter spring.

Back