Need an inexpensive keyless chuck.

Just an update, I received my chuck this morning, it seems to be in a good condition & feels very smooth but looks are deceiving so I'll follow Mikey's advice and recondition it asap ,mikey was kind enough to send me his blog on how to dismantle and clean these chucks, if I find something noteworthy,I'll share it with the rest but I don't foresee any problem doing this,it should be quickly.

Just an update, I received my chuck this morning, it seems to be in a good condition & feels very smooth but looks are deceiving so I'll follow Mikey's advice and recondition it asap ,mikey was kind enough to send me his blog on how to dismantle and clean these chucks, if I find something noteworthy,I'll share it with the rest but I don't foresee any problem doing this,it should be quickly.

Watch out for that Mikey guy ... I've heard he is full of BS.

I just noticed you live in Honolulu,how's life over there? you should see what I see when I look out the window, 2 feet of snow:eek:, one reason I didn't go in the shop today to work on my chuck.

I just noticed you live in Honolulu,how's life over there? you should see what I see when I look out the window, 2 feet of snow:eek:, one reason I didn't go in the shop today to work on my chuck.

It's tough, Ken - 76 degrees with a cool NE trade wind blowing. No sign of snow today but its still early.

Question for Mikey regarding the reconditioning of Albrecht chuck.
Mikey I just sent you a private message, or at least I thought I did, is "start a conversation" the same thing as private message?
Anyhow, my question was/is, I need to buy a single ball for the chuck, could I buy it from any store that specializes in ball bearing or do I need to order a set from Royal product?
Thanks.

Back