My Shop

Maybe later this fall. I have not seen a mess of a shop yet here that begins to compare with the hog wallow I have, Here in about a month when it starts to cool off a bit hopefully I can get some of it cleaned up a bit and then I will gladly share.

Wow is all I can say this is one of the nicest work spaces I have seen mine basement looks more messy then your shop Lol tha is a lot of $ invested in those tools and equipment congratulation I think this shop will be envy of anybody that sees it

One day when I win the lottery

Well, thank you Paul for the kind words. But, from what I am seeing you have a great play room yourself. Mine did not just happen over night. I have 21+ years in the making to get to this point.

BTW what do in the shop? is it purely hobby or are you running some business out of it?
any projects? on the go I have seen your re-build Mill is just as pretty as the shop, congratulation

Yes, my shop is purely my hobby. There is no way I am going to ruin the fun by running a buisness out of it. And yup, I am always working on a project of some sort or another.

as you can see I "Kubotazie" mine 10EE it is still work in progress need to hook up all the electrical components RPC +motor and wires lubricate and fire up to see if she lives

Paul

Well, you did a great job on the lathe, despite the color. :roflmao: I am a JD man myself. Now you just have to get it making chips. :thumbsup: Thank you for the post.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe later this fall. I have not seen a mess of a shop yet here that begins to compare with the hog wallow I have, Here in about a month when it starts to cool off a bit hopefully I can get some of it cleaned up a bit and then I will gladly share.

Hey Buck, here is a great opportunity to show us a re-organization project thread. I am also willing to bet you have nothing to be ashamed of.

I think this is one of my favorite threads--everyones happy work spaces--after looking at the very nice and neat shops so far--I turn my chair around slowly in my smaller( but heated ) shop and try and visualize how nice it could look if I took a week and got rid of unnecessary items and brought in more lathes and compressor. ---then I try and visualize my larger shop all organized and arrainged for convenience and all my Items out of my old shop 40 miles away----then I wake up and I was just dreaming.---I will get some pictures of my shops at least from the outside to start with---*I think of how nice it would be to do like Tony and just put the compressor and a lot of other items outside---it may work in Texas but not too well in Minnesota and in the city.-----Keep the pictures coming please!!!! ----Dave---:thinking:

Some of those are not shops they are organized works of art they are so clean I would not be able to get anything done unless you messed them up a bit. Nice pictures wish I had a big nice shop but the one I have will have to do. Ray

Well I at least took some pictures of the outside of my two shops--the smaller one is heated and the larger one will have part of it heated later when my ship comes in---Dave---pictures of the insides will come laterDavids machine pics 6-30-2013 023.jpgDavids machine pics 6-30-2013 024.jpgDavids machine pics 6-30-2013 018.jpgDavids machine pics 6-30-2013 019.jpgDavids machine pics 6-30-2013 020.jpgDavids machine pics 6-30-2013 021.jpgDavids machine pics 6-30-2013 022.jpg

Davids machine pics 6-30-2013 023.jpg Davids machine pics 6-30-2013 024.jpg Davids machine pics 6-30-2013 018.jpg Davids machine pics 6-30-2013 019.jpg Davids machine pics 6-30-2013 020.jpg Davids machine pics 6-30-2013 021.jpg Davids machine pics 6-30-2013 022.jpg

Ok so here's what a not clean shop looks like! Hard to believe I restored a heavy ten in there. It is my basement wood shop, my 2 car garage has become my lumber kiln as I chain saw mill trees for lumber and dry it in the garage. I am a clasic a.d.d. person and it shows by the piles of stuff everywhere. I get fed up and clean it all up and put it away but it just gets out of hand again, it's the m.o. of a person with a.d.d.
shop-n-cutters-002.jpgshop-n-cutters-001.jpgshop-n-cutters-003.jpgshop-n-cutters-004.jpgshop-n-cutters-005.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

A few more pics of my messy happy place.
shop-n-cutters-007.jpgshop-n-cutters-006.jpgshop-n-cutters-008.jpgshop-n-cutters-009.jpgshop-n-cutters-010.jpg

Ok, now that I am the first messy shop, lets see the rest, don't be shy!

shop-n-cutters-001.jpg shop-n-cutters-002.jpg shop-n-cutters-003.jpg shop-n-cutters-004.jpg shop-n-cutters-005.jpg shop-n-cutters-006.jpg shop-n-cutters-007.jpg shop-n-cutters-008.jpg shop-n-cutters-009.jpg shop-n-cutters-010.jpg

Woodtickgreg--you have a very nice shop and I can tell you have made many nice items for others with all your nice tools.--it is a lot harder to keep a shop real neat when you do woodworking and metalworking and mechanical work all in the same shops--storing lumber is also space limiting. I also have a lot of red oak lumber stored in my lumber-yard shop--I also have a lot of other raw materials that take up a lot of shop space. your shop pictures look like you went in my shop and cleaned it up and then took pictures--we have a lot of the same type of things.--thanks again for the nice pictures--if you ever get trucking to Minnesota--then look me up-for lunch and visiting. --Dave

Thank you Dave and Greg. See, that wasn't so hard now was it. You both have "BEAUTIFUL SHOPS", they look like paradise to me. Like I already said, "as long as it puts a smile on your face when you walk in the door". I also tell my friends that I don't do any "WORK" in my shop, it is all fun and play no matter the activity. Thank you for posting.

I am also a a.d.d. problem child. I have a hell of a time finishing anything. back in the day. . it was "he's just got a lot of interests".

I would love to take pix's of my shop but I can't get far enuf away from anything for any of it to make sense. :)

your right about the clean and neat shops shown. I would really like to have mine look like that but. . .

Ok so here's what a not clean shop looks like! Hard to believe I restored a heavy ten in there. It is my basement wood shop, my 2 car garage has become my lumber kiln as I chain saw mill trees for lumber and dry it in the garage. I am a clasic a.d.d. person and it shows by the piles of stuff everywhere. I get fed up and clean it all up and put it away but it just gets out of hand again, it's the m.o. of a person with a.d.d.

Ok, now that I am the first messy shop, lets see the rest, don't be shy!

Your woodshop is immaculate compared to mine.

Back