My Shop

Ok, I'll start us off. Here is my slice of heaven.

It is 50 x 104 x 12 built in 1992 by Cleary. It is where I spend ALL the time I can.

Now, everyone else post up!

Oh, and messy shops are busy shops, no need to be shy. It is what makes ya happy. :))

Why didnt you uncover the 2 vetts, and the camaro for picture taking?

Why didnt you uncover the 2 vetts, and the camaro for picture taking?

Jake, that is a very good question. My first excuse is it never crossed my mind, second excuse is I was to lazy. I will have to take the time to do it right sometime. Thanks for keeping me on the straight and narrow.:thumbsup:

Well I'm almost embarrassed to post my tiny, cramped, messy shop, but I'll do it anyways. Its only 1/2 of a 3 car garage (which will hopefully change when I move to PA), but it serves me pretty well. Right now there are lathe parts strewn left and right, from the rebuild, and don't have room for much else.

Electrical bench/ Computer
Photo Aug 05, 2 28 50 PM.jpg

Tool boxes, lathe in the center, stuff jammed around the water heater/softener.
Photo Aug 05, 2 28 57 PM.jpg

Tool boxes, the big one and the small blue one I built myself, and the kennedys were a CL find.
Photo Aug 05, 2 29 07 PM.jpg

Folding table full of lathe pieces, makeshift parts washer, and whats left of the lathe in the middle .
Photo Aug 05, 2 29 13 PM.jpg

Main workbench, with the mini-lathe. The back protects the wifes car from chips, oil, etc.
Photo Aug 05, 2 29 18 PM.jpg

Well there it is, small, cramped, and messy. But it is mine!

-Cody

Photo Aug 05, 2 28 50 PM.jpg Photo Aug 05, 2 28 57 PM.jpg Photo Aug 05, 2 29 07 PM.jpg Photo Aug 05, 2 29 13 PM.jpg Photo Aug 05, 2 29 18 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Well I'm almost embarrassed to post my tiny, cramped, messy shop, but I'll do it anyways. Its only 1/2 of a 3 car garage (which will hopefully change when I move to PA), but it serves me pretty well. Right now there are lathe parts strewn left and right, from the rebuild, and don't have room for much else.

-Cody

Thank you for sharing Cody. Believe it or not there are a lot of beginners out there that would love to have half of what you got, organized or not. Looks to me like you can still get things accommplished.

I will absolutely post pics of mine in the next week or so! Love it. Lots of inspiration seeing your spaces of all sizes. And lots of great storage ideas, and cool to see how we all work differently. All just more to learn from.
My shop is half of an attached two car garage, and I am encroaching in the second half :)
The hard part was sizing DowN from a full 24x24 foot separate garage space to this one. But I a working the space hard to fit what I kept and make it organized to work efficiently.

Bernie

Well that's nice of you to say Randy, but no way!

I am picking up an Oliver SP-2 Die Filer tomorrow though ;)

Well that's nice of you to say Randy, but no way!

I am picking up an Oliver SP-2 Die Filer tomorrow though ;)
My shop is in no way as clean or as organized as yours, you'll see that when we meet. I will try and get pics up for everyone else later when I get the chance. My shop is a shared space for wood working and metal working.

I'm not taking pictures of my shop -not right now anyhow... -No way, too messy and needs a good Fall cleaning. You'll have to take my word for it that I installed a couple more 4' flourescent fixtures in the ceiling for when I'm having one of those "dim" moments.

Ray

Back