My own Makerspace err mikiespace

Few more days and nights and I have 12 more lights hung for 16 total so far - 4 on each circuit. Next up switch and panel wiring for them. There is also 4 20amp circuits up there with 4 oulets on each and a 15amp circuit for the garage door openers.

lights7_zpsrbltsh8y.jpg

lights6_zpslx3cjoyf.jpg

lights7_zpsrbltsh8y.jpg

lights6_zpslx3cjoyf.jpg

Told myself I wanted to flip on 16 candles from two different doors in the new shop by my birthday. I made it with 1.5 hours to spare. 40ysld today.

Also made a couple 3.5" access holes through the main panel to behind the wall and got the service in the box for the second panel. Some days are more Milwaukee corded than Makita cordless!

P3230068_zpskzunhceb.jpg

P3230067_zpsqwo3wutw.jpg

P3230066_zpshlfgugzn.jpg

P3230065_zps9rvpiy6n.jpg

P3230064_zpsk7hznoa3.jpg

P3230051_zpsimlrxhch.jpg

What do you think of running one circuit of some simple incandescent bulbs in a few key places. So if you just want to run in and grab something you don't have to fire up all the lights. For mine they take a few minutes to get lit so it is easier to have the quick small lights to click on for something quick. i.e. it is winter and you don't want to warm the entire place up but need to go get something to work on in your smaller indoor shop.

The other thing to consider is emergency lighting. I installed an emergency light in my shop after we had a power fail while I was doing some fab work at night and standing in the middle of a bunch of hot, sharp steel. Fortunately I had a cutting torch in my hand so was able to use that to light my way out. I installed the emergency light the next day.

The fifth light switch will be for some instant on T5HO lighst in the middle of the shop. That is soon on the install list.

How do emergancy lighst work with no power, via battery? Do you recommend a style? They have been on my mind.

Back