My machines- Emco-Maier, Deckel, Atlas

Nice equipment and shop that you can be truly proud of! Welcome aboard.:encourage:

Beautiful shop! I aspire to having my place be like that someday. Chaos still reigns supreme here for now..

Nice job on the shaper! What a beauty.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Very nice setup you have there. The Deckel's look like well made machines, does the CNC mill run on G code, or has it been updated? You'll find there are quite a slew of car and bike guys here, always interesting projects to checkout, and new ideas to apply, or modify to suit your own stuff. Basically your big kids playground. Cheers, Mike

Thanks guys. Yes, the Deckel runs on G code and has many canned cycles. One problem is the limited memory 24K, I have used the cam in Fusion but, it likes to generate alot of lines of code.

Sorry I'm late to the party on this thread, but I gotta ask a couple questions.

1. What's the make/model of that beautiful and tidy grey mill?
2. Do you have a connection with the BRE #85 Datsun? I saw Bobby Alison run that car at Riverside when I was a kid. (Big-block Chevy powered McLarens in the Can-Am that weekend, too. Probably where I got my love for orange...)

Wow , how did I miss this!! From a fellow Emco guy! Very nice!!! :encourage:

Sorry I'm late to the party on this thread, but I gotta ask a couple questions.

1. What's the make/model of that beautiful and tidy grey mill?
2. Do you have a connection with the BRE #85 Datsun? I saw Bobby Alison run that car at Riverside when I was a kid. (Big-block Chevy powered McLarens in the Can-Am that weekend, too. Probably where I got my love for orange...)
1. The grey mill is a Deckel FP-1 1970 vintage, cat 40 spindles on both vertical and horizontal with dial control of feeds and speeds.

2. Just a long term Datsun guy, but I did go see Pete Brock in Henderson, NV.
Didn't you used to go to the Datsun meets in Shasta?

I went to a few. But I just go to see cars and hang with Datsun people. I haven't had a running Datsun since 1984 – my first car.

Love your shop. Very nice.

Back