My compressor died today

Ok, the one I linked to on amazon says:

Supersedes all , 216 - 259 uF which matches the one I have,

and 220/250 vac

+65c

Mine is 250vac and +65+

Am I reading this right that it will work with 220-250vac?

Just want to make sure before I order them.

"Troubleshooting 101...

Always check power first."

I did, just didn't know to check leg to leg, not just leg to ground.

Learn something new everyday.

Last edited:
Looks like that will work.

Yep always check the obvious- "is there gas in the tank?"
Glad you got it
-M

Didn't check for gas, the gauge said full :)

Same with voltage, had 119 to ground both legs but didn't realize I had to check leg to leg.

When I built my phase converter I checked leg to leg to set the voltage taps on the transformer, but had no idea you could use leg to leg as a diagnostic tool.

Like I said, learn something new every day.

Well the knowledge of checking leg to leg came in handy yesterday. I ran my manual mill yesterday morning to do a small job, but then in the afternoon it wouldn't run. Checked voltage to ground both legs at 117v, and leg to leg was zero. Replaced the breaker and it worked.

This is the second circuit breaker I've lost in the last few months. I'm using the breakers for the machines to turn power on and off between use. I guess I'm wearing them out that way. Thankfully I had an extra breaker I stole from my small air compressor. Next time I go to town I'll buy two of them, one for a spare.

The pressure switch controls the Magnetic contactor. Either there is a fault in the pressure switch or the coil is faulty in the contactor

Circuit breakers are not load controllers.

DO not switch under load.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Circuit breakers are not load controllers.

DO not switch under load.
I don't switch the breaker on the mill under load. The compressor leaks down so on startup it is under load, but I never switch it off while running.

Ever since I replaced the capacitors a couple of items a day the mag started kicks out the reset. Did it one day when I was milling a transmission housing. I have a air power draw bar and apparently the air pressure was getting low and didn't notice when I put an endmill in and the tool pulled out of the collet and dug into the part. Thankfully I caught it and was able to save the part, but just barely. It also pops the reset when I'm using my bead blaster.

Befoe I changed the caps it didn't do this ever. What changed?

Back