Must Have Mill Machine Accessories For A Beginner?

I signed up for Enco emails a couple months ago but missed at least two 25% off deals so far... one with free shipping as well. So I'm trying to make a list using this thread and any others I might find and have a few questions. I don't know much about Enco but I've dealt with Harbor Freight multiple times and ended up regretting most of my purchases, so I stopped going there a couple years ago. I'm trying not to make that same mistake now that I have a mill ready to move into the workshop and a lathe on the way. Considering I've never used either machine before, and knowing they require a lot of tooling, I'm trying not to end up with the same regrets I had with HF.

So any suggestions on other sources for tooling besides Enco? I certainly have no problem ordering certain tools from different places. And it would be nice to have other places to compare, or sells better quality tooling for a reasonable price without breaking the bank. Or maybe if anyone knows of a better source for a particular tool... i.e. this is noticeably better than what you can get at Enco, but it's only 20% more and well worth it.

Just a thought to an already good thread. Thanks.

I use

Shars.com
Grizzly.com
Useenco.com
Mscdirect.com
McMastercarr.com

Just compare them to each other and find the best deal/quality that you can afford

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I also just got an AXA wedge type quick change tool holder from cdcotools.com today in the mail. Haven't used it yet but it feels very sturdy . got mine from their ebay store with 2 extra tool holders

http://cdcotools.com/picture/545

Last edited:
I use

Shars.com
Grizzly.com
Useenco.com
Mscdirect.com
McMastercarr.com

Just compare them to each other and find the best deal/quality that you can afford

I have been following up the advice from the folks here... same list as above. Waiting/using those Enco discount coupons have been great... 20-25% discount and free delivery... nice.. Also, prices on Shars.com vs similar eBay items... same prices when you include shipping costs... so I just ordered directly from Shars.com

Oh, and on Shars... sign up first... join the email list... it gives you a one-time/never expires 10% off... I did not realize that until it was too late...so I have it saved for the next order :)

I've been using McMaster for years. Just have to watch the prices but I've never been disappointed and you can return an unused item any time... no time limit. I returned an unused valve 6 months later... no problem. I'll check out the other links. Thanks much for the responses.

I have been following up the advice from the folks here... same list as above. Waiting/using those Enco discount coupons have been great... 20-25% discount and free delivery... nice.. Also, prices on Shars.com vs similar eBay items... same prices when you include shipping costs... so I just ordered directly from Shars.com

Oh, and on Shars... sign up first... join the email list... it gives you a one-time/never expires 10% off... I did not realize that until it was too late...so I have it saved for the next order :)
How long did you have to wait for the coupon. I signed up yesterday and got a reply email but no 10% coupon yet.

It was immediate... check spam folder just in case... or, if you have another email id, sign up again...

Several years ago I was delivering parts to a Customer, the head of the maintainence department asked me if I wanted the 10 X 36 Enco lathe that they hadn't used in over 10 years, I didn't but he gave it to me just to get rid of it, had it sold to another Customer for $600.00 before I even got back to my shop thanks to cell phones.

Something else I learned from using the milling machine for the first project... if you do not need the holes in the 1-2-3 blocks, use solid ones (ordered today from Shars) and avoid all the clean up of chips inside the holes....:confused 3:

Back