Must Have Mill Machine Accessories For A Beginner?

Wachuko. Which 123 blocks did you get? 11 or 23 hole? If you got the 23 hole, can you put a 3/8 16 bolt through the thru holes so as to bolt them directly to the table?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

23 holes and have the same issue mentioned in the video I included earlier...

So no. The holes that are not threaded will not allow a 3/8" to go through... you must get another brand of 1-2-3 blocks (or modify them). Mine are from China.

fede8263-6f80-4185-baf9-9d97da69bffc_zpszzetfnjg.jpg

Ok I thought so. Just wanted to check. Thanks for the reply

Ok I thought so. Just wanted to check. Thanks for the reply

Since these were inexpensive, and I need projects to practice, I will drill them and see if they align perfectly when bolting them together.

That's what I was thinking also.. let me know how it goes

Photo of block for reference... will do that this weekend.

Modification%20to%201-2-3%20blocks_zps71kdions.jpg

Watch out drilling 123 blocks, they are probably quite hard, my end mills tend to go blunt and leave a little polish mark on them when the two accidentaly meet. Even the carbide one mostly only make a little scratch.

Stuart

Watch out drilling 123 blocks, they are probably quite hard, my end mills tend to go blunt and leave a little polish mark on them when the two accidentaly meet. Even the carbide one mostly only make a little scratch.

Stuart

Thank you for letting us know... I will try with a drill bit first. I have a 3/8" Dewalt Cobalt Twist Drill Bit that I was thinking using... if that does not go well, I will leave them alone...

The Enco site says that they are case hardened. If so then I agree that drilling will not work well or at all.

It seems to me that it would be a lot less work to machine and drill a purpose built block.

The Enco site says that they are case hardened. If so then I agree that drilling will not work well or at all.

It seems to me that it would be a lot less work to machine and drill a purpose built block.

I will leave them alone then... no sense in ruining a good bit. I got some angle plates in case I need something like that...

Back