Moving my new ShopFox M1112 lathe

That looks EXACTLY like my GRIZZLY G4003G. The instructions that came with my lathe had the lifting strap wrapping around the bottom rod right by the switch. Other guys that followed those instructions ended up with a broken switch. Below is a pic on how I lifted mine to put it on the stand. I put the 2500 lb strap as close to the chuck as I could get it and balanced the CG by moving the carriage and then locking it. Tailstock was left on for balance to offset the weight of the headstock. In the pic that lathe is supported only by the strap. Good luck.
The M1112 is a slightly more glorified 4003G. Supposedly some better quality parts but really the same lathe.

I'm getting lazy in my older days. If you're getting some decent money back from the seller for the bait and switch from the lack of stand, maybe consider a stand for a 4003 from Grizzly? For about $600 it's at your door step. You'd probably paint it to match your Shop Fox. In fact, maybe contact Grizzly and see if they have a stand for the M1112?

Bruce

View attachment 362985
That price definitely beats the m1112 stands but some say tose sheet metal ones have a lot of vibration.
I have a niced welder. Maybe I'll make a stand or maybe go this route. Still thinking about it. I'm also not opposed to a wooden bench to put it on, made with 4x4 lumber.

Nice lathe!
You are going to love that machine.
Don't forget about the wifey upstairs, they get lonely easily.

Glad the move went well. Thanks for the update.

Back