Motorized Bike Kit

Charley! Dude, that is a great lookin' ride; I'm jealous. I haven't owned a scooter in many years, but that looks great!
Bob

Thanks guys, this conversion is not for the faint of heart. The OCC bike is not a good prospect for this kit, it has way too big tubes for the frame, too small of opening, the fat tire causes issues, the left pedal crank has to be modified, the exhaust has to be reworked, the chain is too short. Need I go on?:faint::scared:"jawdrop::cussing: But I'm hoping it will be cool when all done, You can buy a motor mount kit on Fleabay for $59.00 with a few other goodies, I'm thinking of offering my own kit with exhaust & pedal mods with exchange in the near future.

Thanks guys, this conversion is not for the faint of heart.................

I went by Charley's shop this afternoon and took a close look at the project. Charley is doing a great job but I'm not so sure about a test ride tomorrow. At least under engine power! But knowing Charley he will work all night just to prove me wrong.:lmao:

Charley is not kidding about the kit "not for the faint of heart". The kit was made for a particular bike frame style and if you have something else get ready to make lots of modifications and use a few mechanic's words. I have an old Mongoose mountain bike with nice suspension front and rear. The grandson discovered motor bikes and then cars so it is just settting at Benny's orphanage. I was kind of thinking about bringing it back to life and adding a motor. No room for the kit Charley's got because the rear swing suspension comes right through the area where the engine is designed to be installed.

Benny

$ hours of pedaling & pulling it behind a truck at a local coffee shop with no brakes made for great entertainment till 2:30 am but would not start. Now I have to wait in a new CDI very disa.... ****** off:angry::eek:uch::panic::*****slap2::banghead::headache:

...hours of pedaling & pulling it behind a truck ................. till 2:30 am but would not start............. :headache:

I told you Charley would try all night to make the test ride happen.

Charley, now you know why everyone is so fond of the China quality system.

Benny

Yeee Hi Got it running & rode it to the scrap yard then to MacDonalds, gonna head downtown to the bike shop & show it off.

Yeee Hi Got it running & rode it to the scrap yard then to MacDonalds, gonna head downtown to the bike shop & show it off.

I just got home but already knew that. You are the talk of the town! You were seen riding the bike. We need pictures.

Great job!

Did you figure out your final design for brakes that won't mark the rims?

Benny

Back