Mini Mills-HF or Grizzly or ?

The belt drive is on the list. A member here shared his mods to the mill, air spring and reverse switch. Those will be my first additions. After the holidays a belt drive and a better vise.

Made a chip pan out of alum panels, used on trailers. Made to be removable. Post a pic in a few.

Yea, I have the air spring mod as well and it helps. Make sure you lock everything your not moving while your milling to sturdy everything up. Also make sure you push the handle in and use the dial to lower your mill so the spindle does not grab and pull the head down into your work. You will be buying the belt drive before you want to if this happens.

I personally think that if you are considering buying new that you should give Precision Mathews a good long look. Dollar for dollar they are top of the line in fit and finish and they have been arriving in excellent condition from China every time. Matt does a super job supporting them and will insure that you experience is as trouble free and positive as it can get. I was looking quite hard at the PM 932 and possible the next larger 945 if I made the jump to something new. I did however find a cherry used Clausing 8520 for a great used price, so I am off the market for a new mill for the time being. Ultimately I will eventually get the 945 CNC machine, but that is quite a distance into the future for me right now. Heck I may not live long enough to get there at the rate I am going now... Definitely take a look at the PM machines and see if Matt cannot make you a great deal on a new one if that is the way you decide to go.

Bob

Back