milling machine

dont mind alittle rust, heck this ole body has alot of rust, some times it feels like a Russian race horse rode hard and put away wet. and i have to correct my self, i do have a bandsaw that is foreign made and it works great[harbor freight]:biggrin:Mac. and no 4cyl engine blocks, small outboards briggs tecumseh maybe a clinton now and then or compressor

then a Rockwell would suit you just fine.
And buy 2 gallons of Evaporust. I'm doing just that right now on that Centex/Rockwell.

A little rust is no problem for Evapo-Rust
A friend of mine bought a Van Norman #12. The mill had a fair coating of rust on it. We seen the stuff on the shelf at Busy-Bee tools, and he picked some up. I was amazed how well this product worked.
It does all the de-rusting , so you dont have too.

Paul

Hey Mac, if this helps. My little story. My father sold the shop in the 80's and the Bridgeport stayed. He
then built (the present shop) 55X40 12' rolltop pit etc, behind the house. Ok its more that just a walk
I gotta drive to work. He layed (underground in four" in pvc) three cables as big as your thumb, as well
as phone, cable, extra wires maybe for intercom or something. Now the house is only 100 amp still
with the old glass fuses. We have migs tigs comp is 220, three lathes 220, furnace 110, shapers,
drills all the frills you name it plus overhead lights. Lights have never flickerd at all. Common is
somebodys welding (220) I am using a lathe (220) furnace starts, compressor goes on (220) still not
a problem. Thats 30yrs worth no problem. I know I wrote this before, but our current mill is 3phase,
with 4 3phase motors. Buddie electrician slapped a HD static phase on it. I cant complain Its just that
the main has to be running before turning on the other motors. As far as this 2/3 hp loss thing, I cant
tell the difference. I can bore an inline six cylinder block on this with no sweat. So Cincinnati's dont
nod so what, nod the work. Bigger is better. And then no matter what, I have never yet found the
best of both worlds. I admitt I cant get along without all axis being power feed with auto stops.
And I agree, the only HF China stuff here are tools to beat on then to the scrap pile.

thanks for the info GK havent had a chance to look since this post was wrote, had a house fire and 2 heart attacks but fig this summer i would start looking again, my energy has really been down so just been kinda laying back and regrouping. ty mac

YIKES I didnt know that Mac, take care , as they say ones dead a long time > go buy it, its real good
threopy gets ya mind off things sam

lol i here ya on the therepy, its been along winter and cant wait for weather to break here, the contractor told me to get out of the house and i'd quit finding things wrong, well i told him to do the job right would have the same effect lol, but i'm on the mend and feeln better than i was and am still here so thats a big plus lol. mac

Back