[Metrology] Mill Spindle Mounted Microscope (aka Cheap Optical Comparator)

I thought about buying another camera and mounting it in a traditional microscope stand. It's much easier on the neck than trying to peer down at an eyepiece.

The camera may also be listed as USB camera or something like that.

Yes it pops up in the device selector as a USB camera but doesn't work, I get an error message. It connects in the application that came with the microscope though.
I've also upgraded the XP OS with the latest patches. But it is absolutely okay anyway since it works fine in the main laptop.

Yes it pops up in the device selector as a USB camera but doesn't work, I get an error message. It connects in the application that came with the microscope though.
I've also upgraded the XP OS with the latest patches. But it is absolutely okay anyway since it works fine in the main laptop.
Did you try deleting the camera and adding it again?

Yes, I've deleted and reinstalled several times. I normally don't give up easy and it would be great to have the small laptop on the machine. So I'll try again later. Thanks for hints though !

Great little program really works well and I really like the ability to change the color of the lines so they will stand out better against different materials / lighting conditions. Suggestion for a future addition to the program would be the ability to invert the video image. To keep the cable on my microscope clear of moving parts I am having to use it turned 180 degrees from how it was designed to be used and this makes the video upside down on the monitor. Not a big issue but it does get a little confusing sometimes.

Suggestion for a future addition to the program would be the ability to invert the video image.

When I first read this I thought you meant "invert the video" to mean change black for white (light for dark) pixels, etc.
However, based on the rest of your statement I now believe you mean flipping the image top-to bottom.....right?
-brino

Actually, he would want to rotate the image rather than invert it. Inverting would provide a right side up but mirror image. I just ran the cable to the other side and used a cable tie to secure it.

I'll have to see if that's possible. I don't have a lot of control of the video. I can do just about anything with the still picture, but so far all I have be able to do is get video to zoom. I'll dig a bit deeper when I get time.

Actually, he would want to rotate the image rather than invert it. Inverting would provide a right side up but mirror image. I just ran the cable to the other side and used a cable tie to secure it.

Yes, actually reversing the image is what I meant to say. If that can be done it would make for a very neat, clean installation on my lathe without worry of the cable getting accidentally snagged. Thanks for considering this Jim.

Back