Micrometer reamer stop ?

Building a 37xc hope to compete in the king of two mile. BAT machine is definitely top of the heap in my book

I have a sad story about long range shooting. A buddy of mine (world class shooter) and I were discussing long range shooting. he has shot many 1k matches and did pretty well at it. We were discussing the Winchester short magnums and got a bug to build a couple of 1k guns based on the 243 WSSM. I dont remember exactly what all we changed (maybe shortened it) and I know that we shrunk the neck diameter to give a thou of clearance in the chamber. PTG made the reamer. Mc Millian made the stock, Kreiger made the barrel (1.25 diameter 8 twist). About 8 months into the mission, we had everything in place. Went to the range to fire form some brass. First shot, couldn't open the bolt! Beat it open. Pulled the bullets on the rest of the cases. Reduced the powder and did it again. Can't open the bolt. My buddy's gun did the same thing! We decided that the brass was crap and we needed to get some good stuff. Wait... nobody makes WSSM brass except Winchester. Disappointed but not beaten, I chopped off the chamber and got another reamer for 6mm Creedmore. Re-chambered the barrel. back to the range. Wont extract the case! Oops. I have a magnum bolt trying to extract a regular size case. Call BAT. Got a new bolt. (expensive) Lost interest in the project. That gun is my safe queen. Been there 3 or 4 years now.
Long Range.jpg
One of these days, the bug will bite again and I will get another reamer, another barrel, more ambition, etc.

Big Tenon. I never looked at any of those. I will check it out next trip to the toy store. How much powder does that sx case hold and what weight bullets does it shoot?

I believe it has a case capacity of 130g and I think I’m going to be shooting the 379g Berger’s

I won a two hundred yard match 2 weeks ago shooting 26.3 grains of 10x behind 65 grain bullets. I believe I would not be able to shoot your rifle. That thing would end my benchrest shooting. I would never get over the "flinch" it would create for me. You are a much braver man than I.

I wonder how much effect a muzzle brake would have on that rifle.

blaser.306 Have you started on this project? I am interested to see how it comes out.

I won a two hundred yard match 2 weeks ago shooting 26.3 grains of 10x behind 65 grain bullets. I believe I would not be able to shoot your rifle. That thing would end my benchrest shooting. I would never get over the "flinch" it would create for me. You are a much braver man than I.

I wonder how much effect a muzzle brake would have on that rifle.
The rifle should be around 35 pounds that should help with the recoil (fingers crossed). my current ELR rifle weights in at 18 pounds it’s a 300 Norma magnum pushing 230 Berger’s at 3100 FPS by 81.3g of H1000. I built it a pretty aggressive 4 port brake I think I’m going to build one similar with 6 ports. I can shoot my Norma all day without issue. Well shooting prone is a pain now that I’ve have a couple vertebrae fuses in my neck. 4893A18B-E2F0-46C6-8EFF-109C527D80C6.jpeg

Back