Micrometer reamer stop ?

Thanks again for the replies and dimensions, My intended use for this pistol project will be IHMSA silywet targets . So I will have to keep the weight down to the 4 lb ish weight limit as such with the .284 bore I can't run with a non tapered 1.200" BBL. blank! Although it certainly would tame down the muzzle climb:) I do intend on glass bedding and free floating before doing very much in the way of load development.

Thanks again for the replies and dimensions, My intended use for this pistol project will be IHMSA silywet targets . So I will have to keep the weight down to the 4 lb ish weight limit as such with the .284 bore I can't run with a non tapered 1.200" BBL. blank! Although it certainly would tame down the muzzle climb:) I do intend on glass bedding and free floating before doing very much in the way of load development.
Silly me! I have a 1 track mind. I am thinking rifle and you are doing pistol. I have a Thompsen Encore in 243. It is my Javelina gun. I have a red dot sight on it. It has a 14 inch barrel. (I also have a rifle barrel and forend for it) Javelina dont see very well and if you stay down wind of them you can get pretty close. That is why I use a hand gun. My tactic is to get close, pull the gun from the holster strapped across my chest, get the dot right in the middle of his head, pull the hammer back, drop the dot to between his feet and fire. I throw dirt all over the creature, knowing that I could have killed it. ????? I love to hunt and I ate the first Javelina I shot many years ago. It was the worst meat I ever ate. Stringy, greasy, pungent, horrible. We tried several ways to cook it and each one was worse than the one before. Like I said, I love to hunt. I also dont believe in letting game go to waste.

Are you planning on shooting lead bullets? How long of a barrel do you want to have? I'll bet I can come up with a 284 "take off" barrel. If you shoot lead, the center section of a "take off" barrel would work for you. it all depends upon how long you need the barrel to be. The end of the barrel could be threaded and a hammer head screwed onto it. Would it be a barrel or a hammer?

Back