McMaster Carr shipping gone up?

I would think these business types would understand options and offer that. The good ones do, but I constantly deal with dealers in my little world who just want one size to fit all, in all things. They stay small and the ones who understand that there is no one size fits all expand. It’s called customer service in my view but it would seem to some it’s just too complicated. I also drop outfits that have lousy online sites. If they can’t even provide a decent site I don’t trust it’s secure to order on either.

I find it odd, that UPS has a service, where they take it between major hubs, and then let USPS take it the rest of the way.
Often, I find that it takes much longer than having one or the other handle it.

UPS used to be reasonable, I find they overcharge. FedEx can be a better bargain. USPS IS a better bargain for many things. We even ship by weight, finding it to be cheaper than flat rate. The post master in town told us it was in many cases.. she wasn't wrong.

My experiences with USPS over the last 4 months have been very poor if not horrible........right now I do not/would not trust anything to them if I really wanted it delivered correctly.

My experiences with USPS over the last 4 months have been very poor if not horrible........right now I do not/would not trust anything to them if I really wanted it delivered correctly.
You can thank DeJoy - NoJoy for that. He really f'd up the postal system. It was never designed to be a profit center. It was designed to keep Business going #1, and people in touch ... probably way down on the list.

You can thank DeJoy - NoJoy for that. He really f'd up the postal system. It was never designed to be a profit center. It was designed to keep Business going #1, and people in touch ... probably way down on the list.
The post office was hosed long before DeJoy, he didn't help, but he inherited an unholy mess.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

The post office was hosed long before DeJoy, he didn't help, but he inherited an unholy mess.

True, but it worked, and stuff got from here to there.
Now it doesn't even work.
And it's 5 times the mess it was.
But hey, it's getting more profitable... at doing nothing.

Yes, thanks to unscrupulous people in Congress who've been trying to privatize USPS. They have been hobbling it any way they can and the last major strike was making USPS pre pay their retirement. It's really frustrating everything has been turned into a football.

Yes, thanks to unscrupulous people in Congress who've been trying to privatize USPS. They have been hobbling it any way they can and the last major strike was making USPS pre pay their retirement. It's really frustrating everything has been turned into a football.
yep, that was the stupidest piece of "legislation", "mandate", TOILET PAPER to ever be written.
No other org pre pays retirement.

yep, that was the stupidest piece of "legislation", "mandate", TOILET PAPER to ever be written.
No other org pre pays retirement.
It's shocking that you really have to dig away from the garbage that media news is to get an inkling into the shenanigans these political hacks have gone to to take USPS out since the 70's. Anybody in a union is in the cross hairs and especially USPS because of that. There has been so much taken away just to make them unprofitable so it could cast in a bad light. Like you used to be able to bank in USPS. And many other convenient services were taken away.

I get USPS might not be ok in some places in the country, but here it works. And right now my usual material shipments that were costing me $70 are now $130 with UPS. Still takes a week to get here and sometimes it looks like it was part of the old Samsonite commercial with the gorillas.

I used to fly competitive Model Airplane Gliders. Shipments through UPS were usually damaged, even with double cardboard, wood and cardboard... if you wrote fragile on them they were treated worse.

I would ship, or tell the shipper to ship Fed Ex.. it was the only way to get there in one piece. These cost many thousands of dollars, carbon fiber, kevlar, fiberglass. UPS became shipper of last resort.. International, DHL ...

I almost went to work for UPS, Just as I was about to join, they went from private to public, and many of the incentives went away..

Back