Making screw jacks - Lesson in taps and dies

Do you happen to know the part number of a C sized tap wrench by General, with the two jaws? Need a quality 93C like tap wrench.
I think it's a 166, it's worn off the stamping, the My big one is old, my small one the 164 is also barely visible. I use them a lot.

yep, having been using a 2 jaw for a few years, I would not go back to a 4 jaw. Remarkable difference.
BTW General makes the same wrenches. You don't have to give up a leg for one. But I understand, that red box makes us feel good.
My cheap Irwin one is also a 2 jaw, but there is no comparison between the 2. everything is subpar on it. holding power is lacking, fitment is loose, the handle held in via ball detents is a good idea in theory, but I could see the stick slip of moving the handle with a small tap engaged, turning into a disaster. Handle is thin so it isn't comfortable to do several holes, back of the wrench is designed to take a socket of a square drive from a socket wrench, so no place for a tap follower, much cheaper chromed metal construction, etc.

My cheap Irwin one is also a 2 jaw, but there is no comparison between the 2. everything is subpar on it. holding power is lacking, fitment is loose, the handle held in via ball detents is a good idea in theory, but I could see the stick slip of moving the handle with a small tap engaged, turning into a disaster. Handle is thin so it isn't comfortable to do several holes, back of the wrench is designed to take a socket of a square drive from a socket wrench, so no place for a tap follower, much cheaper chromed metal construction, etc.
I don't have the Starrett, but both my Generals are top shelf. Both capture the handle, so you don't lose it. That may or may not be desireable to you. I like it. I actually don't think I had markings on the older unit (bigger) when I got it, but I don't remember clearly.

Back