Low Cost DRO's from Igaging

Grizzly already has these (Absolute DRO) on their web site - with prices - however, the 6" is in stock but the 24" & 38" are:

Not available for immediate shipment

JK​

Does anyone know of a small DRO like these, that come in an "X" axis lathe style that will show the correct material removal (double the amount for the diameter)?

Thanks,
Dave

the Absolute MSLP is as follows:
6" 60.71
12" 92.15
24" 141.74
32" 149.63
38" 157.42

I currently have a 6" and a 12" available for $46.55 & $70.15 when those are sold I will not be handling them.

the Absolute MSLP is as follows:
6" 60.71
12" 92.15
24" 141.74
32" 149.63
38" 157.42

I currently have a 6" and a 12" available for $46.55 & $70.15 when those are sold I will not be handling them.

David:

So you're quitting this biz?

No long ones avail, right?

Re: igaging and accuremote dro's

There's a fellow that has built a full featured DRO using the IGaging scales along with an Arduino and an Android tablet. I've bought all the stuff to put one together for an Atlas mill, but I havn't had a chance to put it on yet. The code is available free, and he has step by step instructions on his website. It looks pretty neat, I can speak more for it after I get mine going :). Heres the link:

http://www.yuriystoys.com/p/android-dro.html

I installed this system using Accurmote scales. It works great and the power down issue is irrelevant (since the Arduino provides the power for the scale so no battery issues).

Here is a link to a posting I made showing the set-up and my acrylic mounting bracket for the Android tablet:

http://www.hobby-machinist.com/showthread.php?t=22780

later,

Rick

David:

So you're quitting this biz?

No long ones avail, right?

I will not be handling the Absolute ones. for all the work I find its too expensive to stock and I feel ive flooded the market with the iGaging ones. . .and I still have iGaging products available.

the requirement to purchase these units as a dealer / distributor is to lay out a bunch of cash. . . I have done that and got most of it back.

I have not done it for profit and its quite time consuming.

I no longer have any of the Absolute units. initially they were very difficult to obtain and shipping one'sy and two;sys makes it cost prohibitive.

I have read that Grizzly is taking orders, and there may even be some on ebay...

thanks for asking. . . I'll still be here.

davidh

Thanks David. I'm confused though. There are iGauging, Accumote, and Absolute? And you are just doing iGauging?

me too, Accuremote no longer exists EXCEPT the quill mount 6" that is direct reading.
the new models are branded as "Absolute" and are quite a bit more money, and have larger display heads.
I will stock some of the iGaging, low priced ones, for a short while and possibly do another large order if I first get commitments for what I do not have.

I also have a handful of 6" digital calipers.
thanks for asking. I hope this makes sense :)

Back