Looks Like I Will Be Gone A While Longer

Yes, my biggest problem now is the mini strokes. That is all in God's hands.

I'm sorry for your loss , I have sisters even tho they haven't spoken to me in years it would still hurt like you feel . Just lost my mother about three months ago and that was hard too. I don't know why but my mother turned me away and disowned me about ten years or so ago. Called me laughing saying she took me out of her will nice mom big time bible thumper . Her Christian back ground came out to me . Showed me she wasn't . I've forgiven her didn't go to funeral had no calls or note from my sister's. Guess I'm the worst sob in the world. Even tho I've always kept my family in church and away from the crap in this world the best we could. But enough , the planer if I can swing it ill get it. We're negotiating with emails now. See if I have enough trades to get it. My savings are almost gone unless I can sell or trade . The pictures I don't seem to be able to upload .image1.JPGI did it yea me

Wow! That looks just like the shaper I used to run. The one I ran had a hydraulic table. The motor and pump was under the table.

Like you, and probably most of us, I'd love to have that running in my shop, even though I have a largish shaper. Something about a planer.........

I hope you are able to get it!

If the man is true to his words , he sent an email today about delivering it to me ,asking about unloading help . I sent back that my neighbor would do it with his forklift. The guys at MarltonRental are very good to me , they even helped pick me up after falling several times . Push me out when my wheelchair gets stuck on a blade of grass. I hate this power chair , if I can ever afford another it ain't gonna have six wheels on the ground. They lock up and plow in the stone getting me stuck. If I had some friend to help I'd build up tracks and mount them on a scooter frame I have. But the planer is looking better , guess he wants my rotary table and maybe more. It will help if he does take some woodworking tools . He wants some older better made tools. Not all the China crap they pass off at bigger stores. Ill make sure that goes in the garage , not tarped outside . I'm gonna spray it down with my oil mixture and cover it in the shop . It helps when cleaning them up , at least for me loosens the crud ALOT. So if and when it comes I'm hopping it does work out , be real neat cutting things in both directions at once up down and across the table. Like a shaper only more . He has a 20" Ohio shaper for sale too. They all look to be overhead drive and hooked up to it. Must be an old shop from a real old machinist. I'd love to go there and see it they all still work he offered to show me. WOW

Wow! That looks just like the shaper I used to run. The one I ran had a hydraulic table. The motor and pump was under the table.
MARK , I hope and have been keeping you in my prayers, I rely on God's word in the bible , thru him all things are possible. To the point it says if we believe and say mountain be moved it shell. I know my mustard seed of faith has wained over the years with all my disability problems . Not knowing if I'm fulfilling his plan for my life. Ill never know but I try to live right and by gods laws.
So my prayers are genuine not just a say I will. God bless you and keep you in the holo of his hand.

My apprenticeship shop I ran an open sided hydraulic 12' planer , facing both sides of cast bearing blocks for the steel mill . They were 54" high and wide with the ears about 8' long. After the planning to the boring mill to cut the bores to sizes.
Sledge hammer and pray bars for adjustment in set ups.

You are in all our thoughts Mark, We pray we hear your illness will be banished and your beloved machines will be turning over again If only for a little time till your strength is restored.

Silver Bullett,
Is your little planer a Federal? It looks a cool little machine, I have a tiny hand powered double column planer just like yours (Only hard work!) They are cool things Where I worked long ago they had gigantic planers, I cannot fathom out why they became out of fashion, I had my little shaper working today it is fascinating, hypnotic little machine The click of its feed ratchet is a most soothing sound.

image2.JPG
Silver Bullett,
Is your little planer a Federal? It looks a cool little machine, I have a tiny hand powered double column planer just like yours (Only hard work!) They are cool things Where I worked long ago they had gigantic planers, I cannot fathom out why they became out of fashion, I had my little shaper working today it is fascinating, hypnotic little machine The click of its feed ratchet is a most soothing sound.
Yes it's a federal, try to post other picture. I don't have it yet , but it's looking good. He's debating over my landis surface grinder or a 15" Bridgeport rotary table . Within a few weeks he says he wants to come with it.

Last edited:
Back