Looks Like I Will Be Gone A While Longer

Mark_f

Registered
Registered
Some of you who know me may have noticed I have been absent for the last couple months. It appears it will be somewhat longer. I worked out most of what messed things up in September, BUT, I had a surgical implant installed on October 31, 2016. While this device worked great and greatly improved my abilities, I awoke thanksgiving morning very ill. I went to the local ER and after a few tests , I was loaded in an ambulance and transported to another hospital where after several tests I underwent surgery to remove the device and I spent a week in this hospital. They installed a PIC line and I came home and am giving myself IV antibiotics twice a day. It turns out I have a spot that tested positive for staff infection on my spine and the surgeon left the insicion open and a nurse has to come every day to remove the packing and repack it. This will be going on until at least the end of December. To top it off , I now have an infection in a tooth which evidently must be treated immediately to reduce the risk of infection getting into my bloodstream, which evidently would be a very bad thing. I send most of my time in bed as I tire so easily. I also hurt so much. I haven't seen the inside of my shop since September and probably won't before late January or February and that is if everything works out right. The Doctors are so fussy because they say a blood infection will cause me a lot of serious problems including having to remove my pacemaker. An infection can easily end my life evidently. I plan to get better and return to making chips but it looks like a long haul to get there.

My thanks to Bill Gruby for checking on me occasionally,

Mark Frazier

Health issues can be difficult as you described. I know you're anxious to make chips but take care of yourself first so you can get better. Your shop isn't going anywhere.

Good to hear you are on the mend though. We all miss your posts and replies.

Tom S.

Hang tough, Mark. It may seem like forever, but that time will pass. Our thoughts are with you.

Sorry Mark. Sounds like a tough road. Just know you and your expertise are missed here.
Robert

Some of you who know me may have noticed I have been absent for the last couple months. It appears it will be somewhat longer. I worked out most of what messed things up in September, BUT, I had a surgical implant installed on October 31, 2016. While this device worked great and greatly improved my abilities, I awoke thanksgiving morning very ill. I went to the local ER and after a few tests , I was loaded in an ambulance and transported to another hospital where after several tests I underwent surgery to remove the device and I spent a week in this hospital. They installed a PIC line and I came home and am giving myself IV antibiotics twice a day. It turns out I have a spot that tested positive for staff infection on my spine and the surgeon left the insicion open and a nurse has to come every day to remove the packing and repack it. This will be going on until at least the end of December. To top it off , I now have an infection in a tooth which evidently must be treated immediately to reduce the risk of infection getting into my bloodstream, which evidently would be a very bad thing. I send most of my time in bed as I tire so easily. I also hurt so much. I haven't seen the inside of my shop since September and probably won't before late January or February and that is if everything works out right. The Doctors are so fussy because they say a blood infection will cause me a lot of serious problems including having to remove my pacemaker. An infection can easily end my life evidently. I plan to get better and return to making chips but it looks like a long haul to get there.

My thanks to Bill Gruby for checking on me occasionally,

Mark Frazier

GOD BLESS YOU sending prayers for a speedy recovery

Rest and recover and remember we are pulling for you. Had a coworker that ended up with blood infection and that turned into a very life changing thing for him Doctors know best.

Mark, we have missed your presence here---get well soon-praying for you.

Get well soon Mark!

Hang in there Mark. Our prayers for a speedy recovery are with you.

John

Back