Looking for beginner's Mill

It's unfortunate that this sort of thing happened here, but any time money is involved it's a possibility. Good on you for keeping aware. One big thing the scammers do is try to convince you to use payment methods with no buyer protection like PayPal friends and family or western union.

Good luck with your search.

I wanted to let everyone know of an attempted fraud. I received this message from this member (jahe5):

View attachment 356345

I texted him and he responded with this:

View attachment 356349

I was initially interested until I stumbled onto the below photos of this mill and some history at a website where the owner had posted these photos showing their initial purchase and said they had subsequently sold it.

When I confronted him with this information he went silent. I wasn't sure if this was the right place to post this but since it was a response to this thread....

I would PM one of the Mods and alert them to this.

What he said, vtcnc primarily.

Another comment is to be suspicious of any attempt to take you off this site, and especially to a text message.

Yes, he had been a member since I think it was January and still had zero posts. That alone was a little suspicious.

A quick internet search of the email domain: sales.critchorpcomputers@gmail.com reveals that this is a scammer that frequents forums. He also goes by the alias Russell Jake, Williams Russell, Grudge, Williams 20.

Additional information he has been reported to use the following Google Voice phone number: (660) 460-7023

I think the biggest red flag was the guy willing to ship that sucker! For $1350 no less. Who actually ships used machines? I've only even seen "show up with a trailer and a small army to move this thing" kind of listings.

Good point! However, I probably wouldn't personally have keyed onto that as I have had two nearly complete Atlas mills shipped to me, one from MI and one from NY. :)

1614911740909.png

I may have the opportunity to purchase this locally. It is a KTF model KDM-30. Apparently it is a little different than the typical RF-30 as the entire column and head move up and down on the base versus the head moving up and down the column. It is made in Taiwan. Is there reason to avoid this over the more typical RF-30?

Back