Looking for a internal o-ring groove tool

AR Warner has a double end threading bat that takes on-edge inserts. A grooving insert can be ground to suit your needs.

Warner sells HSS inserts but you can substitute carbide in Warner holders.

@Illinoyance I am confused, I looked at the pictures, and it does say double ended, but this would groove at the bottom of a bore, flat against bottom? I don't need threading, but that fine if it does it, but the aforementioned is a must.
@Winegrower The Kenametals I was looking at were $200+ , was there a particular holder you were referencing?

If you look closely at the right end of the tool you can see the edge of the seat for the insert. It is made for external AND internal threading and grooving.

Top Notch and on-edge type tool holders can be used for threading or grooving depending on the insert chosen.

they have grooving inserts for this tool. also have it in 5/8 shank

1635980592342.png

I forgot about that Mesa tool one. I have one of them and it has saved me a couple times. It will take right and left hand inserts.
Joe

they have grooving inserts for this tool. also have it in 5/8 shank

View attachment 384247
Oh Yes! I think that's a winner! Thanks, there were many options brought to the table, Thanks guys!

One other thing to consider. You mentioned that a 1/2 shank was a last choice, if that is big for your lathe then you need to be real slow and careful with a form tool as you may have rigidity issues on a small machine.

I though my boring bar tool holder maxed at 1/2", but with shim/sleeve out, it's 3/4" My lathe is a G0602....

Back