Lathe paid off now searching for a mill

Getting ready to head for the Valley to pick up the mill I'm buying from Don. I just left my friend's wrecker yard where I was picking up some heavy towing ratchet straps when he asked me how I was going to haul it back. I told him in the bed of my truck, a 4x4 Toyota SR5 with towing package. It has the heavy duty suspension with 2 extra leaf springs. I hadn't given it a second thought. My only other option I have is my 5X8 single axle trailer that I pick up deliver motorcycles with. I thought putting it in the bed of my truck was a much better option but now he has me worried.

What's the collective's opinion here? I'm ready to depart on this 8hr drive and I need to be sure it's not a wasted trip.

Go or No Go???:panic:

that's a lot of weight very high up. I think a trailer would be a better bet if it's rated for that load. Careful where you put it on the trailer if it only has a single axle too.

that's a lot of weight very high up. I think a trailer would be a better bet if it's rated for that load. Careful where you put it on the trailer if it only has a single axle too.

Well I've got to come up with a Plan B. Just got off of the phone with a Toyota fleet guy that I do MC work for. The payload on my truck is 1465 lbs! Got to come up with something pretty quick!

The last time I needed to move a machine (about 3500 lbs), I rented an open U-Haul 2 axle trailer for about 55 bucks for the day. Pretty sure your Toyota would pull that just fine.

The last time I needed to move a machine (about 3500 lbs), I rented an open U-Haul 2 axle trailer for about 55 bucks for the day. Pretty sure your Toyota would pull that just fine.

I'm headed out the door right now on the way to pick up that very thing then it's hammer down for Brownsville Town. Should be there betwee 9 & 10 PM.

Signing off until then.

Dale

Landed in Brownsville a few minutes ago. I would have hit the timing just about right IF I'd figured 2 1/2 hrs crawling through the parking lots in Houston they call freeways. 2 1/2 'kn hours! :angryfire:

Oh well, the shower was refreshing and I'll have to see what arrangements I can make tomorrow. The towing service is trying to jack me for $400 to sit this thing on a trailer! That's not going to happen! Got to get up early am and find my own forklift, have it delivered, load the machine and cut the forklift loose. If the driver will just wait this can be done in a short period of time and they'll come out great on a 4hr rental.

Fingers crossed.

Back