Lathe HELP

RafaelMarujo

Registered
Registered
Hey guys, so i bought this lathe a couple of days ago, and im in the process pf restoring it. I knew it had some problems and most of them I already adressed, except for one, every change gear is missing, and since im relatively new to machining, i dont knows how to make the calculations to figure out what i need.
Can anyone help me out? Or better yet, teach me? Ive seen tens of videos about it, and still i get more and more confused
Anyway thanks for any help you can give
The spindle gear is: 25 teeth
The final gear is :70 teeth
Im only cutting metric threads, i will attatch pictures

Attachments

• P_20210204_131100_vHDR_On.jpg
    P_20210204_131100_vHDR_On.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 50
Hey guys, so i bought this lathe a couple of days ago, and im in the process pf restoring it. I knew it had some problems and most of them I already adressed, except for one, every change gear is missing, and since im relatively new to machining, i dont knows how to make the calculations to figure out what i need.
Can anyone help me out? Or better yet, teach me? Ive seen tens of videos about it, and still i get more and more confused
Anyway thanks for any help you can give
The spindle gear is: 25 teeth
The final gear is :70 teeth
Im only cutting metric threads, i will attatch pictures
if you can find the manual it should say what size change gears to use

I’m sure we can help you.
Can you tell us make and model and provide some photos of the machine?

if you can find the manual it should say what size change gears to use
That was my first idea, but i cant find anything on the lathe online, its a bilcia and i dont even know the sub brand because the lathe doesn't have any plaques..
Not even tony at lathes.uk could help

I’m sure we can help you.
Can you tell us make and model and provide some photos of the machine?
Its a bilcia and i dont even know the model because the lathe doesn't have any plaques..
Not even tony at lathes.uk could help, ive emailed him

Its a bilcia and i dont even know the model because the lathe doesn't have any plaques..
Not even tony at lathes.uk could help, ive emailed him

Can you post some pictures of the machine? There’s a chance it shares parts with some other machines.

Can you post some pictures of the machine? There’s a chance it shares parts with some other machines.
Im not home right now, but its exactly like this one i found online, with the change gear handle in front (i think some bilcias dont have it)
I can send some pictures later, and thanks so much for helping me, im kinda desperate

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210204-135918.jpg
    Screenshot_20210204-135918.jpg
    376.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot_20210204-135910.jpg
    Screenshot_20210204-135910.jpg
    308.7 KB · Views: 48
Back