Large Grinder

intrepid

Registered
Registered
I was searching my local craigslist this morning and came across this huge grinder. https://westmd.craigslist.org/tls/d/williamsport-hammond-large-metal-grinder/7455288185.html Seems like a good price but I wonder how much replacement wheels would cost. I sure like and would like to have it. However lack of space and not really a need for it. Hopefully someone can put it to use. 14" dia wheels 2" wide. Machine weighs 600 lbs.
PS: Not mine and no relation to the seller. Just posting for general discussion.

I can’t even imagine needing to replace the wheels on a beast like that in my lifetime. I had a 8” grinder that the motor died before the wheels were worn out. YMMV depending on what you are doing of course.

If you can pick it up, run and get it. I have a 12" version and Hammond made some of the finest machines ever. Mine is 2 hp and I can't slow it down. It is whisper quiet. If it were in Wis it would all ready be gone. Dave

I'd buy it if it was closer... anyone want to pick it up and ship it to me?

:laughing:

-Bear

If you can pick it up, run and get it. I have a 12" version and Hammond made some of the finest machines ever. Mine is 2 hp and I can't slow it down. It is whisper quiet. If it were in Wis it would all ready be gone. Dave
how many HP is your 12" version, I imagine the 14 is at least 2 hp more

Mine is 2 hp, the 14" was generally 3 hp. Large frame direct drive. Dave

I think the rpm was usually 1800 but some may have been 1200 which will have a higher amp draw. VFD is nice as the wheels will turn until your next birthday. Dave

Buy it. I’m sure with some patience you can find a deal on EBay for replacement wheels if needed.

Have you priced a bench grinder lately? A questionable Chicom Rikon 8in is $200.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back