Just Acquired a SB 9A. Questions.

Cool information, SLK. The war nature might also explain the stenciling of "NO. 1" on the front leg at the ts end.

Edit: while I was writing the above, you gave me some other good info on preventing the tool getting stuck in the ts. Thanks, SLK.

What I have done in the past, is build up to end of the arbor will weld metal until it could be ejected.

Another option is to drill and tap the end, then thread in a set screw. That lets you adjust the point at which the tool gets ejected.

All your ideas on preventing the stuck live center in the Tail Stock had me go take a closer look at my live centers, and I observed a screw which I loosened a little to get it to lengthen the live center mt, and that was all it took. My drill chucks don't have the same issue because the mt portion is longer.

My drill chucks don't have the same issue because the mt portion is longer.

There used to be a special arbor that SB sold that would eject. I've looked around for something comparable, but came up emply.

The spindle lock widget requires you to remove the back gear cover. You slide it onto the back gear and swing it down; it's designed to be a trapped tightly between the gear and the headstock casting.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Back