Joined the Lagun club today.

May need to hang a shower curtain or something in front of the compressor. It is going to get covered in chips when you go to cutting.
That's a really good idea! Been thinking about partially boxing it in anyway for noise suppression, so maybe nows the time. I tried one of the more popular intake air filters that's touted to quiet it down, but it did absolutely nothing according to both my ears and a sound meter app. So far, the vibration isolation feet are the only things that toned it down, and did so significantly.

It's alive! Finished the electrical this evening, and fired it up for the first time. Just need to tram it, and will be ready to make chips!

I just notice that you're in Wasilla. The weather there make having a nice looking shop that much more special. Congratulations.

How do you heat the shop?

I just notice that you're in Wasilla. The weather there make having a nice looking shop that much more special. Congratulations.

How do you heat the shop?

Yep, a comfortable, well lit shop makes our long winters more tolerable! Surprisingly, the only heat source in the garage(it's attached to the house, and about 1000sqft), is a Hot Dawg brand gas fired forced air unit hanging from the ceiling. Don't recall the BTU output. Also have a ceiling fan on 24/7 in the center of the high bay stall to keep the air stirred up, which really helps. Just have to remember to turn it off when I'm TIG welding as the moving air is no bueno for the shielding gas cloud!

Getting closer to first chips on the mill. Finished the re-do on the AC/VFD wiring. Had to get a 1/2"-14 NPT tap so I could chase out the furrin' metric threads and replace the old 12mm "cable glands" with off the shelf 'merican 1/2" CGB's( "cord grips" ). Motor turns in the right direction and everything. Need to give the vice some love, and tram the head, and it'll be ready to go.
IMG_7486.JPG
IMG_7487.JPG
IMG_7485.JPG

Your shop is just too damn clean. All that sanitary electrical, air, and siding needs to be blasted with chips and cutting oil. It's my theory that these aren't real photographs you're posting, but computer renderings. I guess that being up all night tidying up the shop has a whole 'nuther meaning in an Alaskan winter.

Nice mill, I cannot get over your shop. Absolutely love the diamond plate wall coverings. What gauge is that?

Yep! Jeff's conduit and electrical work is top-notch as well! That shop is sure to add brightness to the dark days of winter. We expect more photos. Thanks Jeff!

Your shop is just too damn clean. All that sanitary electrical, air, and siding needs to be blasted with chips and cutting oil. It's my theory that these aren't real photographs you're posting, but computer renderings. I guess that being up all night tidying up the shop has a whole 'nuther meaning in an Alaskan winter.
:) Had to get the floor super clean, as even the smallest thing would stop the pallet jack cold, when I was wheeling it around! I usually work on stuff till it's a complete disaster area, and then take a day to clean and organize for another round.

Back