Joined the Lagun club today.

akjeff

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
New to me circa 1978 FTV-1. Purchased it on ebay, had it trucked to Seattle, and then on a ship to Alaska. On the way to Seattle, it made a side trip to A&D Machine Tool Rebuilding. They gave it a thorough inspection, and corrected a few issues. They also freshened up the table with the surface grinder. Rick and Adam were so pleasant and professional to deal with, I just can't compliment them enough. Old school craftsmen, and salt of the earth type people. Now, it's time for some cleaning and electrical work. I yarded out all of the wiring, boxes, etc.....and will wire it up to a Lenze VFD. Looking forward to making chips with it!
IMG_7453.JPGIMG_7454.JPGIMG_7455.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7453.JPG
    IMG_7453.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
That compliments your layout very nicely :encourage:

Moved the mill around the corner, as it seems more space efficient this way. I thought it would be fine right where the Rockwell was, but this thing is huge in comparison. Will need to relocate the electrical that I roughed in ahead of time, but a small price to pay. Going to let it sit here for a few days, and see if it feels right, then wire it in permanently. Also need to find and order a new selector knob for the clutch, as it got broken in transit.
IMG_7467.JPG
IMG_7468.JPG

Jeff, you do stuff with good style, that's for sure. Milling machines work pretty good in corners although it seems you air compressor is expressing its dominance there at the moment. :p

Last edited:
Jeff, you do stuff with good styl, that's for sure. Milling machines work pretty good in corners although it seems you air compressor is expressing its dominance there at the moment. :p
Thanks Rick! Stared at it some more while having my morning coffee and rusk, and I believe that's where it will stay. Don't want to **** off the air compressor! Will have to decide by tomorrow, as I need to take the pallet jack back to work. Will have to start watching Craigslist for my own, as they are really handy!

Thanks Rick! Stared at it some more while having my morning coffee and rusk, and I believe that's where it will stay. Don't want to **** off the air compressor! Will have to decide by tomorrow, as I need to take the pallet jack back to work. Will have to start watching Craigslist for my own, as they are really handy!
Jeff, I saw a pallet jack which once you reached full height, another pump or two on the handle turned the front wheels 90 degrees, pretty slick thinks me.

Big congratulations on the little Lagun (the FTV-1 is the little one in the lineup). They are impeccably well-built machines. Good choice! ;)

May need to hang a shower curtain or something in front of the compressor. It is going to get covered in chips when you go to cutting.

Jeff, I saw a pallet jack which once you reached full height, another pump or two on the handle turned the front wheels 90 degrees, pretty slick thinks me.
Now that would be really slick! It took me about a dozen attempts before I got it where I wanted it! Needed one of our warehouseman. They are amazing with a pallet jack/forklift. Would have parked it spot on first try, and at a speed that would scare me.

Big congratulations on the little Lagun (the FTV-1 is the little one in the lineup). They are impeccably well-built machines. Good choice! ;)
Thanks! The little FTV-1 is all my space can handle. They are definitely beefier, and have a much bigger footprint than a Series 1 BP. The extra 4" of knee( and Y-axis travel ) makes a big difference. My LWS has a Do-All that's made by Lagun, and appears to be a re-badged FTV-510?. It's a monster!

Back