JB Weld

I did the same thing on a Jeeps oil pan... Better than dropping the tie rod...
I put some #2 permatex gasket sealer under the JB-weld so the oil was not touching it.
Working great...

The neatest thing I used JB for was making some acme nuts with it. I drill out a large nut
and greased my acme rod and slid the nut on. I then packed the nut full of JB-weld.
Works great. You would be surprised how well JB-weld sticks to grease.

One thing I hate is JB-quick. I would not pay a plug nickle for that junk...

Peter ,now that you got me thinking, it might have been their G-1, but I think it was G-2. I ,at one time was planning on mixing it hard, adding graphite and Carbosil to it then using it as bearing material. Instead I bought new wiper mechanism. With our rain we wear out wiper linkage bearings. I keep G-2 around as the handy epoxy. When I glass bed a rifle , G-2 is the epoxy I use with the fillers. I've used their S-1 and the Cold Cure.

I punched a hole in my '69 Volvo gas tank. Being in school at the time I had no money to replace or repair. I patched it with JB Weld and a snip from an aluminum beer can. Drove the Volvo for 100K miles with no leaks.

Interesting posts. I have just ran into a problem with a bandsaw blade guide assembly. I broke it, and am unsure about how to go about a fix. It was brought to my attention that the material is most likely samak. Do any of you, with a lot of experience with JB, think that it might be suitable for my application? I have posted pics. 20181224_151712.jpg20181224_171025.jpg20181224_170945.jpg20181224_171050.jpg
P.s. I have never tried JB, at the time of this post.

I have just ran into a problem with a bandsaw blade guide assembly

first let me quality that I am just brainstorming as I have very little experience with JB Weld or epoxy glues with metal.

Could you drill the two parts to accept a pin and then use the epoxy to hold it all together? You could oversize the holes for the pin to make the alignment easier and the epoxy would fill in gaps.

first let me quality that I am just brainstorming as I have very little experience with JB Weld or epoxy glues with metal.

Could you drill the two parts to accept a pin and then use the epoxy to hold it all together? You could oversize the holes for the pin to make the alignment easier and the epoxy would fill in gaps.
I considered this as well, just not sure it would be enough. Might try a mechanical fix, was just sorta hoping that one of you old gurus would be like "hell yeah that'd work", but I was pretty sure I already knew the answer.

I might have thought of a fix for it, but I'll keep that in another thread. Thanks for you guys help!

Back