Inflation-- tool prices-- tariffs?

You clearly have never looked at what the Koreans have to offer. But, it all depends what you are looking for in a vehicle. I like my luxury. Wouldn't mind a MB GLE 550, but can't afford it. The Telluride has it beat IMHO anyhow, for half the money. Toyota makes a great car, but they have historically been 5 years or more behind in tech and interior finishes. In fact, their interiors have been atrocious until recently.

Edit: What were we talking about originally....oh yeah. Tool Holders.
but they are solid cars.
The koreans are not there yet. more of the same. You know it's bad when the Korean's in your company, who own Hundai's and Genesis's and they say they are not that great, they have too many problems... There's national pride for the Korean's.. so when I ask and they told me that, I took note.

I owned a subaru... great in the snow... piece of junk otherwise, constant issues.. clutch flew apart, head gaskets, WHEEL BEARINGS REPEATEDLY.

I buy Toys these days.. there are some design issues... Yes they are more sparse than others.. But they run... 200k and going... although I now use it as my lumber and steel hauler.
I'm at 139k on my car...my biggest beef was brakes that warp under heat, so I put ceramic/carbon fiber pads and high perf rotors.. AHHHHH.

My SIL had a Sante Fe, my mom a Sonata. Both had numerous constant problems.

Anyway, cars are like religious and political discussions.

I believe that's what's known as a Freudian camisole. Seems I only leak when I laugh too hard. Cheers, Mike

Well, at least you aren't incontinent. Or maybe you are, either way, non of my business!
Sorry, couldn't resist yankin' yer chain

We process 1,000 -3,000 pounds sheetmetal a day SS CRS and AL from 26ga to 1/2” and now have pallets of it stacked to the rafters because the purchasing folks have a hard time getting it in at all let alone in a timely fashion. So when they do find it, they are forced to buy as much as possible, wait the months for it to come in. Simply no way to get it JIT running lean like we used to a year or two ago. Never mind a week or two delivery, It was literally next day. Now IF you find it it’s months.
Whoever commented suppliers are gouging needs a lesson in economics 101 outside the scope of HM. Consumers and businesses we sell to will buy from the other guy if we are a nickel higher. So in reality, our incentive is to keep costs down while still making a buck. When our costs Increase it get passed on to the consumer period. Doesn’t matter if it’s materials, labor, taxes, regulatory burden, the end user pays it.
They wanted $15/hr and here we are. no complaining about that $10 Big Mac !! At least not if there’s a line of bodies willing to cook em for $7/hr. There’s not tho and why? We all know why do I have to point out obvious free everything gravy train going on?
You say buy American ? As an American manufacturer, I agree with the sentiment but guess what, that union steelworker that demands $45/hr is enabled because a tariff distorted the market price for steel. As long as someone in a mud hut far away is willing to do it for less that is where VALUE is created. You shop on Amazon looking for the best value right. Distorted by tariffs the steelworker dude gets his pc of the dream but your Aloris holder or F150 ends up costing double.
Witness producers and consumers at odds each blaming the other when in reality the interloper here is govt. getting in the middle skimming value from the equation all the while playing both sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

but they are solid cars.
The koreans are not there yet. more of the same. You know it's bad when the Korean's in your company, who own Hundai's and Genesis's and they say they are not that great, they have too many problems... There's national pride for the Korean's.. so when I ask and they told me that, I took note.

I owned a subaru... great in the snow... piece of junk otherwise, constant issues.. clutch flew apart, head gaskets, WHEEL BEARINGS REPEATEDLY.

I buy Toys these days.. there are some design issues... Yes they are more sparse than others.. But they run... 200k and going... although I now use it as my lumber and steel hauler.
I'm at 139k on my car...my biggest beef was brakes that warp under heat, so I put ceramic/carbon fiber pads and high perf rotors.. AHHHHH.

My SIL had a Sante Fe, my mom a Sonata. Both had numerous constant problems.

Anyway, cars are like religious and political discussions.

Lol. Is it possible to be an atheist when it comes to cars?

Subarus are like rabbits up here in VT, they multiply when you aren’t looking. Turn around, there are eight more on the road. I don’t get it from a reliability point of view in harsh winters and the saltiest of roads, but whatever.

The Mazda Grand Touring CX-9 has the 4cyl turbo. It has got some serious oomph, but yeah if you don’t like the feel and sound of 4cyl, I get it. I have a 2017 Mazda 3, and the thing I like about their CX-9 is that it drives almost like the 3, but bigger and smoother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back