Inflation-- tool prices-- tariffs?

woodchucker

Registered
Registered
I need more AXA holders. CDCO has been good to me in that respect, and a few others.
I went to check on the AXA holders, last time I ordered, and for a long time b4 that they were $10...
Now they are marked $18 regular, 16 on sale...

I'm comparing prices in their catalog (they send you one everytime you order) to what is online Sometimes not so bad a buck or 2, and sometimes :steamroller:

AXA holders, last time I ordered, and for a long time b4 that they were $10...
I assume you replace the set screws with quality?
I've found the Shars holders to be just fines as well.
They aren't this cheap though

I assume you replace the set screws with quality?
I've found the Shars holders to be just fines as well.
They aren't this cheap though
I have not had a problem. I think most guys crank down on the tool. It's not necessary. I snug then a little more.
If you are cranking down, you need a quality screw. Otherwise, you don't.
I have had my originals since 2013-14.. they have been good to me. I read a lot of the problems , and sometimes I just find it's the user. Sometimes its the product. Because of the price, I may go with the Shars XL holder to hold the 16mm w/out mods.
Still most of my stuff is HSS 1/2 but I have bunch of 3/8 ... and some Tatung, and Stellite. Have considered making holders for the holders for them so I don't have to twist my tool post to get the position I want for them.

end of my rambling..

I don't have that problem on any of mine.
I did hear guys complaining about stripping them out.

what size , and when did you get yours?

I have the set of BXA that CDCO sells and happy with it though I have made six more on my own and and fixin to make six more
in the future I like having my tooling already set to go and not spend more than I have to besides the fact that I made them myself
feels good to me............................... :big grin:

I need more AXA holders. CDCO has been good to me in that respect, and a few others.
I went to check on the AXA holders, last time I ordered, and for a long time b4 that they were $10...

I'm comparing prices in their catalog (they send you one everytime you order) to what is online Sometimes not so bad a buck or 2, and sometimes :steamroller:
Prices have gone up. I just checked All Industrial which is who I buy toolholders from and their 250-101's are
up to $18.49. They used to be about 14 bucks.

Yep, and I fear this is only the beginning of a cycle and inflation will continue for a while.

I purchased about 10 AXA from Precision Matthews. Pricing is in your ballpark and I'm happy with the quality.

None of this is a surprise. I’ll leave that right there.
Being in manufacturing, I see our raw material costs absolutely skyrocketing and availability dwindling. Same sob story you’ll hear everywhere. We have resorted to placing huge quantities on our essential materials due to lead times.
Personally, I plan to make several bigger ticket item purchases sooner rather than later. I already witnessed a $200 increase on a welder I’ve been eyeballing for last 6 months. Kicking myself now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back