INCH CHART BY 128ths

BROCKWOOD

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
My dream plan is to have a shop that includes a nice sized office, wood shop, machine shop, paint booth, setup / assembly room & a large garage. As is, I have a modest home with office space in the bedroom, spare room for drafting, wood shed out back & garage for machining. I put this chart together for easy reference. Since I needed a copy for the drafting room, it just seemed right to share it in hopes it makes your life a little easier too.

BROCKWOOD TM - 01.jpg

Attachments

• DECIMAL.xlsx
    14.2 KB · Views: 55
Nice chart, Thanks.

Your dream shop has no welding shop?

Well Tim, welding of necessity would be part of the setup / assembly room. Small foundry would be on the back porch.
OK, you're right. Need welding & grinding room to share entry into both the machining & setup rooms. My 50 x 100 plan may need more thought LOL

Looking at that I am so glad we are metric :laughing:

I have been trying to use metric more and more all the time. One of the problems with using the decimal system is when I'm laying out a design for drilling and cutting holes. I don't have a ruler that has decimal on it. So, I convert to metric and use my metric ruler. Of course, now that I have Brockwood's cheat sheet that will make it easier. I'll still continue to learn the metric system though.

Looking at that I am so glad we are metric :laughing:
I'm in the planning stages of assembling (and building the furniture for) a wood shop in a spare bedroom in the Netherlands, I'm just beginning to appreciate metric measurements. So glad to find that MDF and plywood come in 1220 by 2440 sheets, just like 4' by 8's. None of my power tools will work, screw sizes are crazy...

Starrett makes large and free wall chart that merges all the numbered, lettered and fractional drills in order of size and gives decimal equivalents. It also positions tap drill information and includes metric thread sizes. You can order it for free delivery from their web site.

It’s surprising how often I look at this chart. Thank you, Starrett.

Back