I want to upgrade the lighting on my lawn tractor...

I went out this morning, and was surprised at how well I did. No rows, or mohawks, so I did pretty good. It looks good. With a little more tweaking I might be able to be comfortable mowing in the dark.

I save parts from everything. So I had some old computer desktop sides, I cut one to fit the area you see in the pic (in white) below.
2 of the hoods side connecting bolts hold the back part, and pop rivets stiffened up the piece and attached the front.
Rather than use the single bolt the light came with for mounting, I opted for 2x5/16-18 socket head screws.

It's deceiving the stick out on the rear fender because of the angle.. But that is where I hope to figure out a mounting a another light.

With the bright light, it's amazing how much grass is flying around in front of the light while cutting.

PXL_20230731_002611842.jpgPXL_20230731_002625825.jpg

Lumens are probably the best indica6tor of performance, assuming that the vendor is being honest. I have seen claims of ridiculous lumen output which originated f4rom the LED manufacturers specification of absolute maximum output, assuming extensive heat sinking that was not even close to the product's capability. Actual current draw can be a decent indicator but again based on reality. Candlepower, range, etc. are subject to beam width and usually not reliable. Photos or videos are meaningless as digital cameras boost sensitivity to compensate for low light. A "high britness" specification is even worse. IMO, wire size is not a good indicator as well as it is subject to the manufacturer's whims. It is definitely a buyer beware environment.

Back