I am out of control.

I made a small wooden chest once that had a front cover with a finger pull. I bought a piano hinge for the cover & it seems like a finger pull, also, from Rockler [rockler.com]. Hope this helps.

How about just using a ball end mill to mill the cavity?

I don't know how to put up links. The Lowe's light is stainless steel looking. Simple shallow round dome with little perforations around it if I recall. Stainless looking goose neck. Cost about $20.00. My wife commandeered it for sewing.

It does have a big clip on mounting thing that I'd get rid of. The oversize clip on looks out of place to use as a machine light.

I like the simple design of the shade. It has a bunch of led's that make plenty of light. Unless some other electrical part goes bad,those led's should last forever,like 100,000 hours.

You paid too much for a chest missing a drawer,and with antique brass pulls you can't find. And,yes,there should always be a front panel. You can see where it slid in at the base. It made a little shelf to put things on when open. It was essential to be able to lock your chest when working in a shop with other people. Kept the honest ones from borrowing tools. A real thief could just carry the chest away!

You can make that "tricky" looking little front joint with a table saw. It is called a "Cash register" joint. It is better to make the joint than to have a double thickness drawer front to look at when you open the drawer.Just look at the joint. It isn't that hard to make.

I hope you aren't affected by that 9 county water crisis.

Last edited:
If I had it to make over, I would come up with something else for the drawer,but it's done for now, and is good enough.
Actually making a drawer, I did not see as a problem.
And I didn't know I wouldn't be able to find hardware.
I do not feel I paid too much, I have see much rougher ones going for more money.
There is a front panel with this one, I think it was another one I was asking about.

Last edited:
If I had it to make over, I would come up with something else for the drawer,but it's done for now, and is good enough.
Actually making a drawer, I did not see as a problem.
And I didn't know I wouldn't be able to find hardware.
I do not feel I paid too much, I have see much rougher ones going for more money.
There is a front panel with this one, I think it was another one I was asking about.

You can see the front panel here, and even has the key with it.

Showing Front Panel.jpg

Last edited:
Hear is the best light I could find. Lots of good bright light and movable to where you need it! Picked it up at Lowes Home Improvement for $20. It came with a heavy 4 inch base which I removed and mounted to the side of my mini mill.

led light1.jpg led light2.jpg

Re: I am out of control Like new Craftsman Block grinder with OE base score.

Like new Craftsman Block grinder with OE base score.

Craigs list find....................Blew up the guys computer for 2 days, he finally e mailed me Monday, Said He only has computer at work.
Gave $125.00 for it. OEM Stand.
Guy said he paid about $200.00 20 years ago. But he says he never used it. Looks to be the case.
Once again, I was blessed!

DSCF1054 Save.JPG DSCF1052 Save.JPG DSCF1056 save base.JPG

Papermaker,THAT is the exact light I was talking about. Simple,business like,and looks like it belongs on a machine.

mrbreezee1,I have 2 of those old 1960's flat face Craftsman grinders. I like them very much. They have flat faces,which is handy when you're trying to grind something long held sideways. The motor doesn't get in the way. They run smooth. Their best feature is their 2 piece tool rests. You can unfold them till they stick out 3 or 4". Then,when grinding a woodworking chisel,I catch the front of the tool rest on the bolster of the chisel. That way,I can quench,and put the chisel or carving tool back exactly the way it came off the grinding wheel. I can grind a nice,continuous bevel,even on a gouge,with just a nice,smooth bevel without facets on it.

Those are very useful grinders,and I would not trade mine for other ones. They aren't the most expensive grinders ever made,but they are really well designed for usefulness. I have had one since about 1963. Maybe earlier.

P.S.,I just noticed yours doesn't have the 2 piece tool rest. Must be a later model.

Re: I am out of control Like new Craftsman Block grinder with OE base score.

Like new Craftsman Block grinder with OE base score.

Craigs list find....................Blew up the guys computer for 2 days, he finally e mailed me Monday, Said He only has computer at work.
Gave $125.00 for it. OEM Stand.
Guy said he paid about $200.00 20 years ago. But he says he never used it. Looks to be the case.
Once again, I was blessed!
I have one just like it. It's a very well built grinder.

Back