I admit...I did it...PM 1640E-LB

Ok, first off no one here is interested in mud-slinging just for it's own sake, but there is nothing wrong with explaining/describing one's issues with vendors. This can help all involved parties as no one's perfect. Even the best of companies. But I think expressing one's trials/tribulations with vendors DOES help our members make more informed decisions when they are trying to decide what and from whom to buy.

Just my $0.02

I bought two machines from them and calling definitely worked better. I think they might be a little computer challenged. I usually only got half of the email responses that were supposedly sent my way. Myself being in the computer business for decades, the issue wasn't on my end.

I learned calling was a much more reliable way to get what I needed. They always answered or returned the calls. I would buy from them again and probably will.

Rick

I took my time, Dan and all went as planned and without any surprises.
Cutting away 2 pallets is kind of a #$@%$ though.
You live very close to me, I noticed....you happen to have a fireplace and need a bit of wood? :))

John

lol, I don't need any firewood, I will have my own in a few more months, I ordered a mill. Not to mention My girlfriend has been keeping the fireplace busy with all the cardboard boxes that she gets from amazon.

As a side note it could have been worse, I got a bandsaw delivered 2 years ago, and it came on a metal pallet. It took for ever to break down......

The trick with email is knowing when to pick up the phone instead. Also I keep my raptor claws sheathed 99% of the time, being nice has overwhelmingly paid off in my favor. Its not always easy.

...Some say email to contact, some say call.
Matt just about runs a one man show (he has some help, but it still mostly falls on him), and sometimes things gets dropped when your business is only one man deep. Ray has stepped in to help out quite a bit in the past, but I haven't noticed him online as much recently.

Yeah I am curious what the problem here is too???? Got an email saying today nevermind about asking if we had a used PM-932M, and have no idea what you are talking about, except you replied back and said to check my email, but I did. I am really lost.

I've been out in the shop trying to get machines out the door for people who are waiting, but still do not see any other emails. I'm so lost, please explain.

And I also did say today that if you needed something to call, I am not in front of a computer all day.

Yeah I am curious what the problem here is too???? Got an email saying today nevermind about asking if we had a used PM-932M, and have no idea what you are talking about, except you replied back and said to check my email, but I did. I am really lost.

I've been out in the shop trying to get machines out the door for people who are waiting, but still do not see any other emails. I'm so lost, please explain.

And I also did say today that if you needed something to call, I am not in front of a computer all day.

There is no problem (anymore).
Let's keep it that I am a difficult customer, but my tendency to email was actually out of respect that you, possibly, have more important stuff to do than answer not so important phone calls. My machine did not crash or caught on fire so I took the position that you can or may read my email(s) at your leisure. Simple form of courtesy on my part, I thought.
My mistake and I apologize for that.

John

I hope this post comes across as a positive comment, as it is intended:

I run a small heating and AC company... I deal with, probably, around 475-500 different customers a year (mostly fall and spring checks). Many of those customers, I may be speaking to the man or the lady in the house.
Imagine being magically able to keep track of every one; their personal stuff, their details, their expectations, their quirks, their 'pet pieves', as well as the small handful that are actively trying to get something for nothing (that last category, if they push it too far, usually get told to find someone else... amounts to 3-4 a year).

The hectic pace of taking care of that many people... leaves a HUGE amount of room for errors. Most of my customers understand we are all human... and they are not fussy; a few are.

IMO, regardless if one is a seller or a buyer... they will ALWAYS catch more flies with sugar than vinegar. Not that Matt or any supplier or any buyer of a machine or a hobby machinist (or anyone) is a fly... :rofl: rather just old fashioned common sense:
BE NICE!
Honestly... there are some days I want to strangle someone... however when I am nice to them (yet firm in a respectful way id they try to get something for nothing)... we usually get things worked out... even lawyers... :lmao:
One more thing: As one that used to help moderate a heating and AC forum (that is, the political threads... just imagine :panic: ) we had a saying: When you feel like you are about to type something you may regret: Either use the preview feature or push the keyboard away and do something else for a few hours (or a day). The results down the road are more than worth it... :)

Again, this post was meant in a positive way... please take it that way.

Happy Holidays (Merry Christmas and a Happy-and prosperous-New Year) to all!

Nice looking machine, looks a lot like it's little brother that I bought earlier in the year (1440-BV) but mo bigga, nice. Once mine was set in place I thought "glad I didn't get a bigger one", now I've only done a few jobs that have come close to the limit but I kind of wish I had gotten a larger machine. There is a pretty nice looking 20 x 60 WEBB machine on CL at the moment but I'm pretty sure I would be committed to the loony bin if that found it's way home, good thing I don't have the extra $$ laying around. :) I think you made the right choice in going with a larger machine.

This was just my first 'feel' for the 1640 and thread for the first time on this machine. The machine: zero faults and soooo stable with it..effortless!
Which made me very happy, cuz I seriously struggled with my 7x12 to get anything even resembling a thread. I'll post this pic but it's very unfinished but this took about 4 minutes alltogether as opposed to evening after evening figuring the 7x12 out...
Checked change gears, set dials, lined up tool and went to town on a piece of aluminium..just for S and G.
Tool is 60 degrees but too much nose radius, but it did cut nice and above all...predictable, so no complaints there.
Also only fed compound, not deep enough either and no end dimension calculated, just threading!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao:
I just stopped her cuz my reief wasn't deep enough either I must confess.
You know the feeling? :))
My file is too rough for this too...hehheh

I just wanted to report that this machine definitely performs like a very, very real lathe....:aok:

John

20141222_224821 resize.jpg

20141222_224821 resize.jpg

Back