How To Store And Organize A Centillion Drill Bits

horty

Registered
Registered
Hi, well not quite that many but seems like it when I'm looking for a certain size.
I have about 4-5 times the amount you see in the pic,, had a drill bit fetish for many year and finally
out grew it.. but now, What To Do With Them.

Going to really organize my shop this year, I spend more time looking for stuff than actually getting something done
so I better start with drill bits..

Let me know what your ideas are,, I want them all in order and numbered and easy to access.

Thanks
Tim :)
Drill Bits.jpg

I just bought a huge amount of morse taper drill bits. They came in the mail today. I am trying to decide how to store them also.
I have 2 of the Huot drill cabinets now for fractional and number bits. They are very nice but kind of expensive. The small drawer cabinet pictured above would work just as well and probably save some money to buy some more drills with.

Joe
20200614_182106.jpg

I just bought a huge amount of morse taper drill bits. They came in the mail today. I am trying to decide how to store them also.
I have 2 of the Huot drill cabinets now for fractional and number bits. They are very nice but kind of expensive. The small drawer cabinet pictured above would work just as well and probably save some money to buy some more drills with.

Joe
View attachment 339606
Hi Joe,
I looked at these last week and your right, they are kind of expensive.
I'm fairly good at sheet metal work so I might make something similar, but like always, just not sure..
Sure looks nice though,
Thanks,
Tim

Huot is the way to go. I just wish they didn't use so much gold in them, makes them expensive.

There is another company out there called Durham. They are not so specialized; they make more universal storage systems, but their steel comes in gauges 16, 14, and 12, depending on what you want to pay. I'm considering them for my 'too crib.
https://www.durhammfg.com/

Huot is the way to go. I just wish they didn't use so much gold in them, makes them expensive.

There is another company out there called Durham. They are not so specialized; they make more universal storage systems, but their steel comes in gauges 16, 14, and 12, depending on what you want to pay. I'm considering them for my 'too crib.
https://www.durhammfg.com/
Looks like some nice storage options, but might be a little to fancy for me, but its nice.
Tim

Back