How to Convince my Parents to get a metal planer

When the awesome deal come along on a pristine mill at a killer price you will have blown all your money on the planer. And even if you have accumulated more money for the mill by the time it comes along you will not have a place to put it because the planer is taking up all the space.

I am 56 and I am just coming to terms with not having to buy every cool old machine that comes along at an incredible price... you have the opportunity to learn that lesson younger then I did. Before you find you are spending all your time restoring old machines and never have any time to actually use them!

When you move to your own place, if it is a considerable distance from your parents place, you will find that old machines are often more expensive to have moved than they are worth and when starting a new job it is often prohibitive to move all those old machines yourself.

...just some friendly advice from an old tool junkie.
Got a mill, lathe, bandsaw, pantograph, tool and cutter grinder and tons of tooling in a package deal. I am currently restoring my Hardinge lathe and planer, the rest of the machines dont need one. I have enough space for all of the machines and I think Ive got them all. Now time to spend more on materials than the part I am making costs new!

Back